Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirFit durability
ResMed AirFit durability
Hi all, I bought a ResMed Swift FX nasal pillows mask and have used it for the past 13 nights, my AHI dropped dramatically to 0.6 for the last 13 nights and to put it lightly I am STOKED Grin

I did get a bit of soreness in one schnoz hole and I used the lanolin ointment suggested recently in another thread and have seemed to overcome this, I also slept with all 3 pillow sizes on different nights to move the pressure point, funny thing is my leak charts were all very good but the best was with the largest size.
I intend to have a few more nights use with the larger size to ensure that they work the best for me.

Now that I am fairly certain that nasal pillows are the beez kneez for me I want a spare mask, actually I want to relegate the Swift FX to spare mask and get a ResMed AirFit P10 Nasal Pillow Mask as my full time breather.

So....those that are using or have used the P10 have you busted it yet? Has the flimsy looking head strap performed well without breaking, has washing it affected it in any detrimental way?
Has the hose needed to be replaced prematurely or maybe any other issues?

Lastly.........are the pillow size classifications the same size for all nasal pillow masks?
eg. small medium & large.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirFit durability
I can't speak for the specific mask you are asking about but I have had a lot of issues with Resmed's head gear since one of your questions is about head gear. I now am using the wisp and it has been a great mask so far and the head gear is very reliable.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2014, 02:41 AM)comatose Wrote: Hi all, I bought a ResMed Swift FX nasal pillows mask and have used it for the past 13 nights, my AHI dropped dramatically to 0.6 for the last 13 nights and to put it lightly I am STOKED Grin

I did get a bit of soreness in one schnoz hole and I used the lanolin ointment suggested recently in another thread and have seemed to overcome this, I also slept with all 3 pillow sizes on different nights to move the pressure point, funny thing is my leak charts were all very good but the best was with the largest size.
I intend to have a few more nights use with the larger size to ensure that they work the best for me.

Now that I am fairly certain that nasal pillows are the beez kneez for me I want a spare mask, actually I want to relegate the Swift FX to spare mask and get a ResMed AirFit P10 Nasal Pillow Mask as my full time breather.

So....those that are using or have used the P10 have you busted it yet? Has the flimsy looking head strap performed well without breaking, has washing it affected it in any detrimental way?
Has the hose needed to be replaced prematurely or maybe any other issues?

Lastly.........are the pillow size classifications the same size for all nasal pillow masks?
eg. small medium & large.

Thanks

I haven't got enough time on my Airfit P10 (only 26 days and )

There is apparently nothing flimsy about the little platform with the exhaust diffuser, but I do try to keep my hands off the filter area.

No problem with the "snap" on or fit of pillows onto the platform.

No issues with the head gear.

It all looks new but then I have had it less than a month.

One encouraging item: I read everything about the P10 on at least 3 Forums, and have heard NO complaints about how it holds up.

Smile Likely, no on has had one long enough to wear it out. Smile

Vendor #1 has free shipping and free "return insurance" if you are buying with your own money. $100
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi comatose,
It's GREAT to hear that you are doing well with your CPAP therapy, keep up the good work.
I don't know about the durability of that particular mask, however, none of them last very long, planned breakdown is the key, (Ha-Ha-Ha.) I know you don't want the cushions to last forever, but it would be nice if the frames were just a bit more durable. But then, if they lasted a long time, you wouldn't have to keep coming back. Just some thoughts, hang in there for more answers to your questions.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for input guys and gal.

me50, swift x pillow mask has a dimple on the L/H/S lug on the side of the pillow that the head gear attaches to, and the corresponding hole in the head gear that is pressed over the lug has a notch that aligns with the lug, this notch in the head gear mounting hole reduces the thickness of the end of the strap that has the tension on it, as our astute Trish pointed out, they are designed to break.
A 3 year old retarded wombat would know that if the notch was put on the other side of the hole then the structural integrity wouldn't be compromised.
Ha...Resmed....looking out for our health and wallets.....

Herb, the features that have drawn me to the P10 are the air vents and the clip on pillow, the pillow on the swift fx can be a pain in butt to put back on after cleaning, if I had to change pillows in the middle of the night I would just chuck it on the floor...........

Hi trish, when you said "planned breakdown is the key, (Ha-Ha-Ha.)" I laughed out loud too, I'm now thinking that Resmeds chief engineer was previously employed by a washing machine manufacturer, lol
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm getting along well with the P10. I've been using it basically since it was released. Now, I'm not at all concerned about breaking the straps. They're durable enough that it shouldn't be a problem unless you do something crazy with it. I am worried about them stretching out a lot over time and starting to leak, but so far so good. And yeah, the clip on pillow is nice, I rinse my pillows every morning now cause it's so convenient.

I don't know about the size but I used a medium with the Swift FX and I'm using a medium on the AirFit and it fits fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks evil, I am now just waiting for the credit card to walk in the door and I will put in an order.

Post Reply Post Reply
As I was sitting here puffing on a gasper I realized that I didn't mention that not only has my AHI plummeted with change from a ffm to nasal pillows but I have also lowered my pressure from14.2/ 17.2 to 9.8-12.6

I don't feel as though I have run a marathon when I wake up anymore, I suppose that the major advantage here is there is no need to give up smoking Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-26-2014, 08:27 PM)comatose Wrote: Thanks for input guys and gal.

me50, swift x pillow mask has a dimple on the L/H/S lug on the side of the pillow that the head gear attaches to, and the corresponding hole in the head gear that is pressed over the lug has a notch that aligns with the lug, this notch in the head gear mounting hole reduces the thickness of the end of the strap that has the tension on it, as our astute Trish pointed out, they are designed to break.
A 3 year old retarded wombat would know that if the notch was put on the other side of the hole then the structural integrity wouldn't be compromised.
Ha...Resmed....looking out for our health and wallets.....

Herb, the features that have drawn me to the P10 are the air vents and the clip on pillow, the pillow on the swift fx can be a pain in butt to put back on after cleaning, if I had to change pillows in the middle of the night I would just chuck it on the floor...........

Hi trish, when you said "planned breakdown is the key, (Ha-Ha-Ha.)" I laughed out loud too, I'm now thinking that Resmeds chief engineer was previously employed by a washing machine manufacturer, lol
Hi comatose,
Well, it's not just Resmed. I have the Phillips Respironics Wisp and I fractured the right side of mine one night, when I needed to move it, it just cracked, right then and there. I was able to use it but the plastic-coated silicon is fairly thin, but, as I said "planned breakdown is the key," to keep you coming back.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used the Airfit P10 almost since it came it also. Before the Airfit, I used Swift FX for her with the nasal pillows. I like the 'snap on' pillows because in my opinion they work lots easier than trying to put on the Swift Fx pillows. The headgear seems to be durable and I haven't found that it stretches too much or has broken. But like anything else, time will tell the whole story.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 139 35,663 04-12-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 72 5,673 04-08-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,507 03-28-2024, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Lanners
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,944 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 7,295 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,721 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 361 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.