Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirFit durability
RE: ResMed AirFit durability
The pillows on the Airfit P10 are so easy to switch that if I get up during the night I might just swap for a different size, especially if the current one is either leaking or irritating me a bit.

All three pillow sizes will "fit me" with varying advantages and disadvantages (none are therefore perfect for me but all are at the 90% or better level.)
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW, I have a spare machine, spare hoses (they keep sending me big hoses and I like the skinny one!), spare masks, spare headgear and when my battery pack arrives Monday I'll have spare electricity! Because I have all these spares, I never have a break down. Buy wouldn't you know that Brother Murphy is just waiting until I don't have a spare something to make that part break! Kinda like the way the electricity goes out here fairly often!
I absolutely cannot sleep without my machine (good and bad there) so I like to make sure I can "fix a flat" at a moments notice!
Mike
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
My (new, usable) backup mask arrived yesterday and I slept the night with it.

It is NO WHERE near as convenient and comfortable as the AirFit P10 but it isn't bad. Innomed Hybrid 'FFM' which is really an ORAL mask with PILLOWS (thus 'Hybrid'.)

This is far nights where I cannot get my nose clear or if a catastrophe befalls my P10.

My battery back arrived today but I haven't been able to find time to get behind the bed (water bed) to run the electrical cord for it.

I don't have a spare machine yet. My DME is close by (so next business day I could get another), the current machaine is technically a rental for 9 more months, and I will likely buy a used one at some point.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

Post Reply Post Reply
I sqeeeeezed the credit card out of the missus last night and ordered the AirFit.

What batteries are you guys using?

I have been thinking about making an inverter/charger/battery pack up myself to use on a nightly basis, power here can be unpredictable, and although I have not woken so far from an power outage I can see short ones in my data, also the clock on the stove flashes after these.

The only downside I can with a remote power supply such as this is that I wouldn't be able to get out of going to the beach at chrissie time Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
I ordered another of the 1500VA/900W UPS units that I use for my server room and for my big screen TV and media PC.

As soon as I get it hooked up I will post what it claims is the "battery life" for the Resmed S9 Autoset.

(The unit has a display of pretty much any value that is relevant, charge level, expected time remaining, current load, voltage in or out etc.)

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM

Post Reply Post Reply

So....those that are using or have used the P10 have you busted it yet? Has the flimsy looking head strap performed well without breaking, has washing it affected it in any detrimental way?
Has the hose needed to be replaced prematurely or maybe any other issues?

I have been using the P10 nasal pillows for about 5 wks now (with a couple days off to try a FFM). I get the best results on my AHI with them. The strap is fine, washes fine and the pillows are still working. I really like them, they are less invasive. The only problem is I'm a mouth breather and the chinstrap I bought doesn't work very well so my respiration therapist suggested I use a self sticking tensor bandage and it works really well for me!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 50 3,179 1 hour ago
Last Post: car54
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,571 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,977 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 298 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 985 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,131 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.