Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirSense 10
Question 
ResMed AirSense 10
Hi, new to this forum but not new to CPAP therapy. This is my 3rd ResMed machine started with a Sunrise make 20 years ago and by far this new machine is the worst I have owned. The machine itself is noisy as described in other posts and I have a burn mark in the humidifier tub. The dealer replaced the tub after a week and it showed up again after 2 weeks. Purchased in Hamilton Ontario March 2016. The Resmed rep says they are working on a fix but it takes time although I have read other posts as far back as Nov 2013 with the same problem. He assured me there is no danger breathing in the air but I am now experiencing a metal kind of taste in my mouth when I wake up in the morning. Does anyone else have this problem?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirSense 10
I bought a ResMed AirCurve 10 a few weeks ago and have had no problems. It's quieter than the ResMed S9 and the Respironics System One machines I've used in the past.

I think your machine is essentially the same as mine. I've taken the System One machines and the S9 machines apart and although they are significantly different from each other, all System One machines and all S9 machines are essentially the same. They have the same hardware, for the most part if not entirely, and the differences are in the firmware. The same is likely true of all of the ResMed A10 machines.

Don't get me wrong. Those differences in the firmware make different machines in the same model line behave very differently from each other, but the problems you're experiencing seem unrelated to those differences. It seems you just got a lemon. I would see if getting a refund is possible. Writing letters to the appropriate regulatory agencies might help.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You may want to return the whole machine. My Airsense10 is whisper quiet.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same machine, and I have had neither of the problems you describe. You likely have a faulty machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your responses so far. I think I will try getting a replacement for my unit from my supplier or from ResMed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Badjo17,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with getting your machine replaced.
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
We do have a thread about AirSense 10 machines making noise, that seems to come from the seals in the humidifier unit. Anybody good at searching threads? If you are hearing whistling type noises, and noises that change when you inhale vs exhale, you might try pressing further closed the lid on the water tank. The seals get out of place when you wash it. And if you are already having problems with the humidifier part .....

Ah, I meant this thread http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...n-inhaling
It might have some tips in it, to at least point you to WHAT is wrong, and whether it is fixable or you should push for a new machine. (Although the burning spot already sounds like a problem)
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for this. The seal dropped out the first time I filled the reservoir. I'll check the thread out!
Post Reply Post Reply
just a quick update. I never realized there was a different smaller diameter hose and 90 degree plastic elbow included with the new machine that fits on the back connection of the machine. After trying this new hose the machine is way quieter only a slight Darth Vader type noise when breathing. The noise is louder when the reservoir is full but gets less as the water level goes down. I was using the old hoses I had for the last CPAP.
Still waiting to hear from ResMed and provider regarding burn mark in tank.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-02-2016, 11:47 AM)Badjo17 Wrote: just a quick update. I never realized there was a different smaller diameter hose and 90 degree plastic elbow included with the new machine that fits on the back connection of the machine.

There is a menu setting where you select the hose diameter setting to match the diameter of your hose. Either 15 mm or 22 mm.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 467 2 hours ago
Last Post: Old Steve
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,822 7 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,618 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,808 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 229 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,186 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.