Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirSense 10
ResMed AirSense 10
To All AIR Sense10 users..... can you pls tell me a couple of things pls. i am about to buy a new CPAP.

1. does the datas reporting  for this unit include data on pressure used overnight, like the Dreamstation: ie  min, max pressure and average pressure used for 90%,.  i Realy want this data and may have to but the Dreamstation

2. is there an android app, or do i have to rely on logging into the web a/c to get it.

3. the My Air App resmed site talks about "more detailed sleep data' avialable.  does this include the above pressure details?  

4. does the sleepyhead s/w gives this pressure data and can it be used with the Resmed?

i want to go Resmed, but the Dreamstation has this data already and i want it to monitor my pressure over time for various reasons.

thanks  to those who can shed some light.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirSense 10
The Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset and Elite both produce full efficacy data that can be read in #Sleephead, or the Resmed ResScan software, both available for free. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only The data available includes much more than you listed. In addition both of those machines display teh data you listed on-screen for 1-day, 7-day and 30 day averages.

The data you are talking about is actually very basic, and the Dreamstation is also capable of reporting much more as well.

MyAir reports basic information such as hours of use, mask seal, total AHI, and number of mask-off events. It is just as useless as Dreammapper for Respironics devices. You have better choices.

Be sure to avoid the basic machine by Resmed. The CPAP and AirStart units do not produce useful data. The basic Dreamstation CPAP does not produce data. Ideally get the auto CPAP version and you won't have any problems getting more data than you need.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, thanks so much.

i really want to know what pressure throughout the night i am using daily ( if only for a short while).....

1) to see if putting on and losing weight affects the auto pressure over time

2. ) my recent sleep study was done at my highest weight, yet gave my lowest figure. it might be that the sleep consultant ( mostly students)  got it wrong... as my 4 tests progressively went up as i put on weight... ie they were  10 yrs ago --> 6.  then 9.10 & 11 as  i gained weight it seemed  now at my heaviest, its gone back to 6 !! i want to use the machine to check it !

so you're confirming to me... absolutely no problems doing this using the s/w you suggest ?  if so great. im thrilled *( and yes getting an AUTO.  they've come a long way since i tested one 10 yrs ago and didn't like it b/c of leaking mask and the damn unit ramping up to 20 by morning ! crazy)

cheers
Post Reply Post Reply
Additionally with the recommended machines (others too) YOU can have control over all the settings on the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Rod, the new data is great. You can not only track the pressure at any time, but correlate that to why pressure increases occur and observe trends that let you rally fine-tune your therapy. We used to be stuck with observing what the 90% pressure was and making decisions from that simple data. You can now see any statistical summary of data you want; median, mean, 80%, 90%, 95%, whatever you set. You can also see respiration statistics like breaths per minute, tidal volume, inspiration/expiration ratio and flow limitation. All of this can be observed statistically and graphically then associated with machine behavior and your AHI events. The software available for your PC or laptop is honestly better than a sleep study, because it is recorded constantly every night.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprier cheers thanks for this insight.  seems incredibly comprehensive. i like that. i will initially at least like to learn and look at a lot of this data... as you say to fine tune the machine and diagnosis, but also to know whats going on.  and for things like how much does alcohol or weight gain affect the AHI's.

only issue is this:  how and where does one learn what all the graphs and data mean. its not going to be self explanatory.  has to be a learning curve.  has someone produced something for us CPAP'ers to read to understand & interpret all the data ?

cheers
Post Reply Post Reply
There is an excellent tutorial in my signature "Robysue's Beginner's Guide to Sleepyhead". That will give you a pretty good idea of what is possible to learn from the software. Don't hesitate to post some graphs here and ask. Some of us have seen literally hundreds or thousands of graphs, and we kinda have a feel for it. We're not medical professionals, but sometimes we're better. Smile
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-03-2017, 07:41 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: There is an excellent tutorial in my signature "Robysue's Beginner's Guide to Sleepyhead". That will give you a pretty good idea of what is possible to learn from the software.  Don't hesitate to post some graphs here and ask.  Some of us have seen literally hundreds or thousands of graphs, and we kinda have  a feel for it.  We're not medical professionals, but sometimes we're better. Smile

Fantastic !! thnx heaps.  looking forward to some analysis of my own condition without being totally at the behest of expensive medical Dr's all the time.

cant wait to assess some stats and really see whats going on.

Cheers and thnx for all the assistance.

Rod
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 58 2 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,434 9 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 133 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 26,991 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 135 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 68,155 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 27,619 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.