Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirSense 10 Auto - Unable to turn off Ramp
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 Auto - Unable to turn off Ramp
Thanks AlanE for your detailed help! I have the ramp turned off now Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
You're welcome sir.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-06-2015, 07:51 AM)AlanE Wrote:
(08-05-2015, 07:48 AM)Dagmar Wrote: I cannot figure out how to turn off the ramp setting. I am in the Clinical menu, but Ramp is greyed out as an option. It is set to Auto with a starting pressure of 5. But, I really don't want it on or I would like it set higher. I can not seem to change the Ramp setting from either the patient or clinical menu. Can anyone help with this?

In the clinician's menu check under Therapy if your mode is set to anything other than Autoset.

Take your machine off of "auto" and the grey will be gone.
Post Reply Post Reply
You had an idea you needed to increase your pressure, or at least thought it was a good idea. You had settings of 6 - 12 on Aug 4. Although nearly all of your events were CA, and are not treated with pressure, your machine did increase pressure during other parts of the night. It did so because it sensed obstruction, partial obstruction, or resistance to flow. So, raising minimum pressure may make sense.

If these were my readings, I would note that my pressure never was below 7 except at startup, and my pressure was above 8.6 at least half of the time. I would gradually change my minimum pressure until it was within 2 cmH2O of my 90% pressure (9.2). I would increase minimum pressure to 7 and then monitor for 4 to 5 days before stepping up again, by .5 cmH2O every 4 to 5 days until 9.2 is achieved.

I would be monitoring for reduction of machine reaction (pressure swings), and to ensure I was not picking up significantly more CA readings.

[I would also reduce the EPR setting from 3 to 2 as this sometimes reduces the number of CA events, although CA events generally go away or are reduced on their own.]

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-06-2015, 07:51 AM)AlanE Wrote:
(08-05-2015, 07:48 AM)Dagmar Wrote: I cannot figure out how to turn off the ramp setting. I am in the Clinical menu, but Ramp is greyed out as an option. It is set to Auto with a starting pressure of 5. But, I really don't want it on or I would like it set higher. I can not seem to change the Ramp setting from either the patient or clinical menu. Can anyone help with this?

In the clinician's menu check under Therapy if your mode is set to anything other than Autoset.

Turning off the ramp is easy.
Go into "clinical Menu" (hold the Home button and the selector knob in for 8 or 10 seconds)
Click on "Auto Ramp Time" ( You need to turn off "Auto" before it will allow you to adjust the time)
Now the time setting is no longer greyed out.
Turn the wheel to your desired setting. "OFF" is at the end of the circular graph.
Click wheel to save.
Your done, Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,729 2 minutes ago
Last Post: her.suit
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 407 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,603 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 813 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,771 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.