Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirSense 10 Auto - Unable to turn off Ramp
ResMed AirSense 10 Auto - Unable to turn off Ramp
My first night with CPAP was a success - I kept the mask on all night and for most of the night had an AHI of <5. In the early morning I developed some leaks. But, I do have one issue right now. I cannot figure out how to turn off the ramp setting. I am in the Clinical menu, but Ramp is greyed out as an option. It is set to Auto with a starting pressure of 5. But, I really don't want it on or I would like it set higher. I can not seem to change the Ramp setting from either the patient or clinical menu. Can anyone help with this?

Also, I did have trouble falling asleep because, while the machine it self seems quiet, I could hear my inhalation and exhalation along with some fluttering sounds between breaths. Hopefully I will acclimate to that fairly soon.

I attached some screen shots from Sleepyhead if anyone is interested in taking a look. I'll probably bump my higher pressure up 1 cmh20 this evening.

David

David
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 Auto - Unable to turn off Ramp
First, I don't see any reason to increase pressure. Your events are all clear apnea rather than obstructive, and are probably related to getting used to the therapy. We don't treat CA with pressure. Also, I doubt increasing the maximum pressure will do much as you hit 12.0 cm only briefly last night.

As far as ramp setting, you should be in clinical mode, turn dial to comfort, select, turn dial to OFF, select. It appears ramp is on, but you might try toggling to the other settings (Auto) to see if that changes the menu highlight. I'm a Respironics user, so others may have another idea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2015, 08:05 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: First, I don't see any reason to increase pressure. Your events are all clear apnea rather than obstructive, and are probably related to getting used to the therapy. We don't treat CA with pressure. Also, I doubt increasing the maximum pressure will do much as you hit 12.0 cm only briefly last night.

As far as ramp setting, you should be in clinical mode, turn dial to comfort, select, turn dial to OFF, select. It appears ramp is on, but you might try toggling to the other settings (Auto) to see if that changes the menu highlight. I'm a Respironics user, so others may have another idea.

Great information, I'll leave pressure alone. What you described for changing the ramp setting is exactly what I thought but for some reason I couldn't seem to access the comfort settings - I could see the comfort menu option but could not access the ramp settings in clinical mode. I'll try again this evening. Thanks for looking at my data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dagmar, for the sound, I highly recommend a sound or white noise generator. This could be something as simple as a small fan. I use my Itouch and an app that plays forest sounds, cricket sounds (yes, lots of crickets is soothing, one cricket is annoying), waves, wind. I found it really helps with tinnitus, which is an unavoidable sound.
Post Reply Post Reply
i pretend the small amount of noise from my S9 is rain or ocean sounds. it is quite soothing.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe we are just deaf, but I can't hear my A10 AT ALL, and neither can my wife. Of course, she can't hear much over all that
snoring Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
When I first started, I used my granddaughters stuffed toy lamb that played soft underwater sounds for at least an hour. It definitely put me to sleep, and I never heard my own breathing. It didn't put her to sleep though.

Now, just having a fan or room humidifier running is all I need.

I have to have some sort of white noise or I wouldn't be able to sleep.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
maybe the DME has it set where you can't access anything in the clinical menu. they do that sometimes. not sure this is the issue but it could be
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2015, 07:48 AM)Dagmar Wrote: I cannot figure out how to turn off the ramp setting. I am in the Clinical menu, but Ramp is greyed out as an option. It is set to Auto with a starting pressure of 5. But, I really don't want it on or I would like it set higher. I can not seem to change the Ramp setting from either the patient or clinical menu. Can anyone help with this?

In the clinician's menu check under Therapy if your mode is set to anything other than Autoset.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Another option to try is to download the ResScan software.

Instructions available here

Insert your SD card first with Write Protect tab on and make a backup of it. Then remove the card, slide the tab to unlock and put it back in your computer. Load ResScan and after you select Open Patient select Settings from the toolbar. Choose Select Device. Select your SD card from the list. After a short intermission your settings will appear. From that screen you can shut off Ramp. If That part is disabled, select the Checkbox under Settings.

[Image: TherapySettings.PNG]
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 18 346 16 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,715 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,593 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  Frustrated as unable to get AHI's less than 5 and have difficulty sleeping. . rltarbu 21 813 03-19-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: rltarbu
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,762 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.