Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help with Rescan and Resmed Oximeter
Need help with Rescan and Resmed Oximeter
I need a crash course in using Rescan with the Resmed Oximeter.  I wanted to see what the O2 does when my AirFit P10 vents obstruct and the CO2 increases precipitously.  I couldn't do it last spring because my two Contec CMS50i no longer worked.

I just saw my sleep tech to try the newer full face masks.  He loaned me a ResMed oximeter but only for a few days so I don't have much time to study how to use this.  The O2 seems to show up in the OSCAR software but I can't find it in the ResScan software.  I wonder if there is some menu or setting that I need to change in order for the O2 to show up.  The tech wanted me to send the data using ReScan so that's why I'd like to get this working.

If anyone knows what I need to do, I'd appreciate the help.

Doug
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help with Rescan and Resmed Oximeter
Doug, I don't have an oximeter so to some extent I'm just guessing here, so take it for what it's worth.

According to the ResScan help files the oximeter data should show up in both the oximeter statistics tab and the detailed graphs. In the graphs you probably need to turn the traces on using the configuration window. Access this from the tiny symbol at the top of the chart (see attached). You'll need to turn the traces on and possibly also change the setting for the number of graphs visible (maximum is 8).  If you have more than 8 you will need to turn something else off.

Hope this helps - please let us know if I'm on the right track.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the Advice. I tried to use the Graphing Options that you suggested but even though I have it set to show eight options it only shows four: Usage/Total Usage/AHI AI/Leaks/Pressure. I can't seem to show any more parameters.
I went into the Report/Customize Tabs and there is a whole list of parameters that you seem to be able to add or remove parameters to the Detailed Graphs, Summary Graphs or Oximetry Statistics. But no matter what I add or remove I still only can see the four parmeters listed above.
So there must be something else that's not set up correctly. As I mentioned, the O2 did show up on OSCAR and the AirSense 10 panel shows the SPO2 and HR at the bottom of the menu screen when its running. So it seems the oximeter is connected and recording, but just can't port it to the ReScan software.

Still need help on this.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is any of the Oximetry data showing up in the Oximetry Statistics tab?

Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oximetry doesn't show up anywhere.  It's funny because in the Report tab there is a Customize Report tab.  When you click on it it shows two collums where you are supposed to be able to add or remove a long list of parameters to each of the detailed graphs and summary graphs but it seems to have no effect what so ever and I still only get the 4 basic parameters no matter what I add. I shows O2 and HR as options, but no go.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a thought.... What version of ResScan are you using?

The S9 and S10 have different oximetry modules. If it's an older version of ResScan it may not be recognizing the S10 module.
The last version of ResScan I downloaded is 6.0.2.13
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's the version I'm using
Post Reply Post Reply
Any chance of posting a screen shot of ResScan showing your Detailed Graphs tab? Including the panes on the left showing the dates...
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rescan app [doesn't see data import] kerm007 3 145 03-24-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  csv-converter for like nx-8462 oximeter capman 1 150 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: capman
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 194 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,410 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
  csv-format for generic oximeter imports into oscar capman 2 158 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 613 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 237 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.