Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet Settings Question
ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet Settings Question
I just purchased and received a new ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (RM10). I've been using a Phillips Respironics System One 60 Auto (PR60) for the last 6 years. Since day one of using CPAP, I've always had PR machines. This is my first RM machine. I'm getting ready to get the RM10 set up. How do the setting values in the RM10 compare to the settings values in the PR60? And, I do not work with a Dr. or DME and haven't since shortly after I was diagnosed 20 years ago. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet Settings Question
I used a PRS1 560 before moving to a Resmed machine, and you will find the Resmed much more responsive in preventing events rather than responding to events. If your profile is correct, you were using settings of 11.0 to 17.0 with the Philips. It would be useful to see a daily details chart to see how you responded to that. With the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset, I recommend you start with lower minimum pressure, and understand the machine will quickly move higher if needed. My suggested settings are
Mode: Autoset Standard
Minimum Pressure 9.0
Maximum Pressure 17.0
EPR: On, Full Time
EPR Setting: 2

EPR is exhale pressure relief. Unlike Philips it is a true bilevel, and the pressure transitions are very comfortable. Once you have used it, you can look at the Mask Pressure chart in Oscar and see how it relates to your respiratory flow. I think you will like the difference.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
According to the OSCAR statistics for my PR, my average pressure for the last year is 11.19 and my max pressure is 16.7. How do I export the Daily Details Chart from OSCAR?
Post Reply Post Reply
Nevermind. I figured out how to print the daily report. I've attached the Daily Report for 11/30/20 which is last day I downloaded the data.

Post Reply Post Reply
You can take a screenshot of OSCAR also. Use F12. It will provide all the data in the left column and your graphs. It's usually easier to read all the settings and make sense of things with the whole picture.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Tutorials for taking a screenshot Organize Your Oscar Chart are in my signature.  Based on what you posted, your machine rarely changes pressure and results are good. I will stick with my suggestion to start at the lower pressure and see how things respond. There is some RERA and flow limitation, and the Resmed will treat those much better with the EPR.  Most people that make this change remark that the comfort is at another level.  Good luck with your new Resmed. I look forward to seeing your results.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Another question. The humidifier setting I use on the PR is 4. It only goes to 5. The RM goes to 8. What humidifier setting will closely match the 4 of the PR? Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 19 358 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,719 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 106 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,599 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.