Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Has anyone tried the "for Her" ResMed?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her
Lots of people have the For Her, both men and women. It has an extra algorithm, and is available on Amazon from Sistemma that suggested above at about the same price as the Autoset regular.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a For Her model. What's your question?
Post Reply Post Reply
I have one too. Good machine!
-Amin
Nothing I say on the forum should be taken as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2018, 08:32 PM)HalfAsleep Wrote: I use a For Her model. What's your question?

Just curious if it's a marketing gimmick - you know, different color, etc - or really a better machine or software for women.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-16-2018, 10:05 PM)pollyottis Wrote:
(01-16-2018, 08:32 PM)HalfAsleep Wrote: I use a For Her model. What's your question?

Just curious if it's a marketing gimmick - you know, different color, etc - or really a better machine or software for women.

It does have a "soft" option that is not in the standard Autoset.
Interesting thing is, both my wife and I have what appear to be the same unit, basic A10 Autoset, same color and everything, but hers has the "soft" option where mine does not.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
The For Her responds a little more sensitively. That’s it, besides cosmetics.

If you look at Resmed masks, too, there are For Her models. These have smaller headgear than unisex.
Post Reply Post Reply
Both machines have the standard Autoset algorithm and a new Soft Autoset algorithm.  The For Her series also has a For Her setting that treats flow limitation differently.  This is specifically targeted at female users that seem to have more flow limitation with UARS symptoms.  The For Her is faster to respond to the first flow limitation, but it slows the response in subsequent flow limits, and it seems to not respond to flow limitations once the CPAP pressure reaches 12 cm. For certain individuals with chronic flow limitation, this prevents the "runaway" pressure increases that have minimal therapy benefits.  For others, it makes no difference.

[Image: AutoSet-for-Her_chart_1_grande.png?v=1496948466]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried the for her mode.  Didn't work for me as my pressure goes over  12.  Found standard algorithm with standard response for me works best .
Post Reply Post Reply
Others have answered your question, but FWIW, the S9 For Her was exactly the same thing as the S9 Autoset except in pink. I mention this only because others who are interested in a lower cost machine will find that the pink model is often marked down more heavily. The Airsense For Her has an additional algorithm, so the model is different.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 6 464 16 minutes ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 24,912 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 406 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 67 25,315 03-10-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: mikekowalski
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 179 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 0 92 03-08-2024, 03:36 PM
Last Post: jed3
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,010 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.