Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet mask setting
ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet mask setting
I just noticed that I had my machine set for full face mask while reviewing  Sleepyhead data. I just recently changed to a ResMed P10 nasal pillows mask. I changed the setting in the clinical menu, but I am wondering if it changes anything or if it is just for reporting. The options are full face, pillows and nasal. I set it to pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet mask setting
You'll feel a little less pressure going from the full face mask setting to the pillow setting. It will feel like about a 1cm difference. Does it change anything? I know it affects the reported leak rate. It'll show a higher leak rate under pillow setting than full face mask.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info. I am feeling a little air starved at startup with the previous setting. I think i'll try a night or two before making changes.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-16-2018, 08:15 PM)txrpls Wrote: Thanks for the info. I am feeling a little air starved at startup with the previous setting. I think i'll try a night or two before making changes.

Go up to the next size larger pillows, it makes a HUGE difference in breathing effort when you are trying to get to sleep.

Beyond that, I am most comfortable with my starting pressure at 8.5 and EPAP at 2, but it took me a few months to gradually work up to that minimum pressure.
If you are currently at 4-20, I'd bump that 4 up to 6 and see how it feels.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply. I am using the large size of the P10 and my setting is 8 to 16 with full-time EPR at 3. Last night was pretty darn good. I have noticed some large mouth leaks the last couple of night, nothing major. I am a mouth breather and I wear a chin strap. Will an open mouth show up as a leak in Sleepyhead using a nasal mask? Usually, I wake up if I open my mouth as it feels like the jet stream coming out my mouth.  Smile

[attachment=4960]
Post Reply Post Reply
If you look at your chart you'll see where the leak rate rises than plateaus for awhile. That's an indication of mouth breathing.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-17-2018, 07:44 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: If you look at your chart you'll see where the leak rate rises than plateaus for awhile. That's an indication of mouth breathing.

Time to get out the duck tape.  Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-17-2018, 07:53 AM)txrpls Wrote:
(03-17-2018, 07:44 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: If you look at your chart you'll see where the leak rate rises than plateaus for awhile. That's an indication of mouth breathing.
Time to get out the duck tape.  Big Grin
SarcasticDave said he had good luck with staples Big Grin

Yes, generally any "large leak" (the greyed area) is going to happen from a mouth leak when dealing with the P10.  Leaks around your nose due to position will be in the lower areas of the graph.
The important thing to remember is that during a "large leak" event, your machine is unable to determine whether you are having an apnea event or not and will not be able to adjust pressure as needed.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,710 10 hours ago
Last Post: fixed it
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 339 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 104 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 148 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 835 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 165 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.