Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet with or without humidifier
ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet with or without humidifier
I am about to order a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet to replace my Philips Dreamstation due to the current issue with the Dreamstation.

There is virtually no difference in price between the devices with or without the humidifier...

Is the humidifier implemented as a module that can be taken off, and not used ? Ie. does the version with the humidifier come with some kind of lid to replace the the humidifier module ? And does this mean, that the version including the humidifier is identical to the version without humidifier, when the humidifer is taken off ?

My thoughts are to order the humidifer version, and I will then take the humidifier module off (if possible) and put in a shelf for the future, should my needs and preferences change...

For my current Philips Dreamstation, I have a humidifier module, but only tried it two or three nights, without success. It was as if my nose got blocked due to swolen vessel walls in my nose.

Thanks in advance for your replies. Very much appreciated :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet with or without humidifier
ResMed's 10 series has an integrated humidifier. The humidifier tub goes in a recess on the right side.

See image, specifically the red circle. That's what the ResMed looks like with tub in place.

[attachment=34137]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The humidifier can be removed but a cover plate must be purchased separately. Alternatively, I believe the humidifier can be left in place but not used.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
True, but not that I've done it, you don't need to add water if you make certain the humidifier is Off.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My ResMed has a humidifier. I've tried using it a couple of times w/o the humidifier. I didn't like that at all. 

Go with the one with the humidifier.  Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all. I have ordered the version with the humidifier, and also ordered a supplemental "side cover" (lid), to cover the right end, when the humidifier module is not used.

As I wrote above, when I tried a humidifier on my Philips Dreamstation, I didn't like it, and I woke up during the night with swollen vessel walls in my nose, and it was difficult to breathe... Now I think, I will give the humidifier a second chance, this time on a ResMed CPAP device...

Those of you that uses the humidifier module, with your experience, what are the benefits from using a humidifier ?
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a mouth-breather, so I use a full face mask. My mouth gets a little dry, but not too bad. The humidifier seems to help keep it from getting any drier. 

I too, have the end plate that fits in place of the water reservoir. I bought that, just in case! Not sure of any actual benefits in regards to using a humidifier. I'm far, far away from being an expert on sleep apnea. 

My sleep doctor ordered the machine for me, and he ordered it w/the humidifier.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use a full face mask and am also a mouth breather. I find use of the humidifier with a heated hose reduces dry mouth significantly. Without the heated hose I had problems with rainout (condensation in the tube). The heated hose eliminated rainout and I am much more comfortable with the humidifier than without it.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Triple play. Mouth breather. My nose gets alternately dry or not, and it seems with too low humidity, I find it hard to breathe on PAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just leave it in without water and the humidifier turned off. I do that during part of the year when the natural humidity is high - do it for at least 2 months each year.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 61 5 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,448 Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
Question [Equipment] What Is Autoset (ResMed) 10 and Can It Be Disabled? Rickyricardo 2 65 Yesterday, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 107 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 134 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 26,994 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  ResMed Humidifier Tub Change? Reesche 12 371 04-09-2024, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Reesche

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.