Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet with or without humidifier
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet with or without humidifier
So far, it appears that those of you that appreciates and benefits from the humidity module are mouth breathers. It is a good thing, if the humidity can compensate for an otherwise dried out mouth.

Is it the case, that humidity is primarily a good thing for mouth breathers, or does some of you that solely breathe through your nose at night, also benefit from the added humidity?

Has anyone experienced the same that I did, that the humidity led to a clogged nose?
Post Reply Post Reply
So far I've really benefited from the humidifier and the heated hose too. I never wake up with dry mouth or rainout issues. Recently though there has been water in the mask. I'm not sure if my eye mask(for darkness purposes)is slipping down where the mask releases the air or not and partially blocking the air release.  Would that cause that?
CA and OA decided to call HYOP and the 3 of them crashed RERA's place, and then the 4 of them decided to call Large Leak to meet in an Unclassified location while Rice95 had the best night of his life.

Bed         best sleep I've ever had...
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a heated hose on my machine, but I never turn it on. Don't know if I mentioned that I use a hose cover as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2021, 06:02 AM)jakobankerhansen Wrote: Has anyone experienced the same that I did, that the humidity led to a clogged nose?

Yes, I have.

I sleep much better in a cool room breathing cool air. To prevent the occasional dry nose I was getting by not using the humidifer,  I keep it filled with water but with the Humidity and Hose Temperature settings to "Off".  (A suggestion I read about on a forum thread.)  Some moisture is produced, since my humidifier water level goes down some every night, but no more clogged nose.  On days when I feel my nose is too dry, I just use a saline spray. (By the way, I use a nasal cushion now, but the same method worked as a mouth breather when I used a full face mask.)
Post Reply Post Reply
You can try the humidifier on auto (if available) or off with water in the chamber (Passover mode) and your amount of humidity added will be minimal but still helpful. Auto works well for me as it adds humidity based on the room temperature and humidity.
Post Reply Post Reply
"Thank you all. I have ordered the version with the humidifier, and also ordered a supplemental "side cover" (lid), to cover the right end, when the humidifier module is not used."

Good job.

The humidifier and heated hose give you more options for comfort.

I remove the humidifier daily, rinse, leave it out to dry, then place the side cover plate on the machine so no dust/bugs/nasties get in.

Also when I store my spare machine the side cover goes on with a small silicone sachet in place to keep things dry.

I am sure you will find a setting that suits you.

Let us know how you go.

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Some like high humidification and some like it low, try both and in between to see what you like, everyone is different.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 22 435 17 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,807 3 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 112 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 168 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,612 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.