MikeBY Offline

Members

Machine: Airsense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: nuance pro gel
Humidifier: integrated Airsense 10 + climateLine tubing
CPAP Pressure: APAP 4-14
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since 2000, Old RemStar Plus LX/HC100/breeze. 'BOUT TIME I REPLACED IT !!

Sex: Male

RE: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
(09-23-2014 12:36 AM)Neil Clugston Wrote:  Hi, anyone got the Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset Wifi working?

it doesn't have wifi. It has a built in cellular modem.
The product description should be more specific, as many of us associate 'wireless' with Wi-Fi.. NOT !
10-05-2014 04:59 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Skypilot Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed Hire
Mask Make & Model: AIRFIT™ P10 nasal pilow
Humidifier: H5i Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: Doc said to try 12; was 14
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: The land of Nod is but a dream.

Sex: Undisclosed

From the manual:-

Quote:Wireless
Your AirSense 10 device is equipped with cellular communication. This allows your therapy data to
be wirelessly transmitted to your care provider to enhance the quality of your treatment. The
Wireless signal strength icon displayed at the top right of your screen indicates the signal
strength.
The data is usually transmitted after therapy has stopped. In order to make sure that your data is
transferred, leave your device connected to the mains power at all times and make sure that it is not
in Airplane Mode.
Notes:
 Therapy data might not be transmitted if you use it outside of the country or region of purchase.
 Devices with cellular communication might not be available in all regions.

I lack understanding how this can happen as in Oz you need to have an mobile account and a SIM card inserted in the phone so the device can connect to the mobile network.

I am though, assuming the cellular network is the same network as the mobile phone network. Perhaps the cellular network to which they are referring is some other network?

One would imagine that the "Provider" would have to log onto the machine? It is all a bit vague and seems to be the dark science of black magic.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2014 07:38 PM by Skypilot.)
10-05-2014 07:37 PM
becker44a Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus Lg
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: Rx 10 - 20cm, Usually 10-14cm

Other Comments:

(10-05-2014 07:37 PM)Skypilot Wrote:  From the manual:-

Quote:Wireless
Your AirSense 10 device is equipped with cellular communication. This allows your therapy data to
be wirelessly transmitted to your care provider to enhance the quality of your treatment. The
Wireless signal strength icon displayed at the top right of your screen indicates the signal
strength.
The data is usually transmitted after therapy has stopped. In order to make sure that your data is
transferred, leave your device connected to the mains power at all times and make sure that it is not
in Airplane Mode.
Notes:
 Therapy data might not be transmitted if you use it outside of the country or region of purchase.
 Devices with cellular communication might not be available in all regions.

I lack understanding how this can happen as in Oz you need to have an mobile account and a SIM card inserted in the phone so the device can connect to the mobile network.

I am though, assuming the cellular network is the same network as the mobile phone network. Perhaps the cellular network to which they are referring is some other network?

One would imagine that the "Provider" would have to log onto the machine? It is all a bit vague and seems to be the dark science of black magic.

If I owned one of these, it would be in Airplane Mode 24/7/365. If someone wants to see my data, it will be via SD card, period!

At this point, when I go looking for a backup machine (which I should do soon), it will likely be another S9 Autoset.

A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
10-06-2014 12:36 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
retired_guy Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: ResMed
CPAP Pressure: 10.6/14, EPR 3

Other Comments: Is it bedtime yet?

I don't know. As far as being able to look at my data is concerned I guess if someone lacks any sort of life so they get their kicks looking at my Resmed data, then have at it. "Oh look! Retired guy just hit 17 on his leak chart! Quick, twitter someone."
10-06-2014 01:01 AM
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

(10-05-2014 07:37 PM)Skypilot Wrote:  I lack understanding how this can happen as in Oz you need to have an mobile account and a SIM card inserted in the phone so the device can connect to the mobile network.

Cellular and mobile are the same, yes. There probably is a kind of SIM card inside the device but since it does not need anything but to transfer data, it is not anywhere near the size and type of the SIM card in a mobile phone.

Consider it like a mobile phone fax machine. Or an old style modem. It calls up the provider (the DME, most likely) using their designated line. It then sends the "fax" (probably the machine ID (which is assigned to your file) and your data) and ends the call. Done. And just like a fax machine, the DME can call your device. It can reset your machine settings. This is pretty much what the modems/whatever are doing on the S9s now except they are addons while this thing on the A10 is integrated.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
10-06-2014 04:05 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Skypilot Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed Hire
Mask Make & Model: AIRFIT™ P10 nasal pilow
Humidifier: H5i Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: Doc said to try 12; was 14

Other Comments: The land of Nod is but a dream.

(10-06-2014 04:05 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:  Cellular and mobile are the same, yes. There probably is a kind of SIM card inside the device but since it does not need anything but to transfer data, it is not anywhere near the size and type of the SIM card in a mobile phone.

Consider it like a mobile phone fax machine. Or an old style modem. It calls up the provider (the DME, most likely) using their designated line. It then sends the "fax" (probably the machine ID (which is assigned to your file) and your data) and ends the call. Done. And just like a fax machine, the DME can call your device. It can reset your machine settings. This is pretty much what the modems/whatever are doing on the S9s now except they are addons while this thing on the A10 is integrated.

My point is you still need to have an account that is permitted to connect to the mobile network - you can't just connect to the mobile network.

The logon details/credentials still need to be entered into the sim. The S10 needs to know which number to dial to get to the right place. The DME needs to know what is the telephone number or ident number of your machine. There is no configuration screen that I can see on the machine.

I do not see how it just happens when a network is available.

I see there is a slot under the "adapter cover" (item 7 on page 3 of the S10 manual) - I suspect something is connected to that slot.
10-06-2014 07:09 PM
Crist Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: AirSense 10 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Resmed AirFit P10 for her
Humidifier: Integrated
CPAP Pressure: 11-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Female

(10-05-2014 07:37 PM)Skypilot Wrote:  I lack understanding how this can happen as in Oz you need to have an mobile account and a SIM card inserted in the phone so the device can connect to the mobile network.

I bought my AirSense 10 AutoSet from a supplier in the US and the display shows the no connection pic on the panel and has done from day 1. I'm not fussed as it's a feature I don't want or need and I don't think it really has that much of an impact for us in Oz anyway as we don't have the compliance requirements for insurance like our US cpapping cousins do. My feeling from everything I've read on the forum is that's it's less of a selling point for the end user and more a feature aimed at the DME, prompt collection of compliance data probably speeds up the payment process from the insurance companies.
10-06-2014 11:49 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
DeepBreathing Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: EPAP: 9 - 15 PS: 3 - 10

Other Comments:

Skypilot, I think the big corporates do deals with the big telcos so that connection is automatic, pre-coded in the built-in sim. Amazon Kindles do the same thing - no need to log on to the network or dial a number, just turn on "wireless" and it connects.

DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
10-07-2014 05:24 AM
jeff.wolf.rrt Offline

Members

Machine: .
Mask Make & Model: .
Humidifier: .
CPAP Pressure: 1
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

My home alarm system utilizes the same cellular feature. The company has control over the celluar transmisison.
10-07-2014 02:03 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

Butt ugly water tank!

10-09-2014 12:21 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  ResMed S9 AutoSet CPAP [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 44 40,835 04-04-2014 06:15 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2