Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Respironic blue gel mask
Humidifier: Resmed S10 autosense
CPAP Pressure: 4-18
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Female

RE: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
(10-20-2014 02:01 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:  Just as a reminder, this is the Review Forum. If you want to discuss a particular aspect at length, it is best to go to the Main Forum and do it there where you will get more participants and responses. We often allow discussions, such as what is happening with the wifi/cellular, only because it clarifies previous reviews.

------------------
I give the Resmed airsense 10 autoset a 2.5 stars.

I have been using it for about 2 weeks.

Irritating noises, sounds like the machine speeds up and slows down, very annoying.

Erratic behavior when I take my mask off, the machine should stop the air in a few seconds, sometimes it does and sometimes if doesn't.

Outlandish leak reporting. On my old S9 my leaks ranged from 0-4 on the new machine 16-18!

The manufacturer didn't allow a simple way to set the time to allow for daylight savings time without having to Restore the default settings.

I'm pretty disappointed with my first experience. Hopefully this one is a lemon and my replacement will be an improvement.

I have been using an APAP since Feb 2014.

I like the look of the machine, I like being able to see the screen while lying in bed. The water tube seems to be an improvement. I like my old S9 carrying case, seems like they cheaped out on the case for the S10. It's smaller and gray, I like the black case, doesn't show dirt as bad.
11-14-2014 02:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

Sex: Male

Hi Franklyspeaking
Sorry about your experience, your machine definitely sound like a lemon. As with all new machines, the A10 comes with two years manufacturer warranty. My A10 AutoSet is silent, you could hear pin drop in the middle of the night

As for time changing ... unlike Respironcis machines, at least the A10 have a clock so you can set the time to your local time

There are couple of things, I don't like about the A10, the dim lights and when the "Climate Control" on auto mode, temp setting is fixed at 27C and cannot be changed up or down, which is way too warm for me and uses almost full tank of water. So I have to use the manual mode, on the S9 always used the auto mode as the temp setting is changeable and not fixed. Other than that, I.m getting the hang of it

Beside the jazzy looks, the A10 have some nice features, notably .. SD card and the air filter cover, the water tank which easy to slide into the machine and the marker lines on the tank are very clear
11-14-2014 03:25 PM
Sleep87 Offline

Members-b

Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ..
Humidifier: ..
CPAP Pressure: ..
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed
I'm a first time CPAP user. I'm seeing this same problem reported earlier:

(09-22-2014 01:10 AM)zonk Wrote:  The A10 AutoSet increase pressure to the maximum and stay there for most of the night and that causes all sort of problems, swallowing air, increased leaks, and disturb sleep

It didn't quite go to max pressure, but it went well beyond the sleep lab titration setting. Manually bringing it back down to the lab titration, I'm still getting an AHI<1, so I think there's some issue with the machine's logic. Unfortunately my DME vendor will not entertain the idea that something is wrong with the machine - their techs seem convinced that the machines are infallible.

And with the range turned way down, where I'm seeing AHI<1, it's still up at the max of the (lower) range and seems unwilling to come down further.

I'm also annoyed that there is no obvious way to disable the CDMA modem other than airplane mode, and I'm constantly prompted to turn off airplane mode.

As a new CPAP user, no comment on machine size or noise level. I wish the whole thing were smaller and lighter for travel - the power supply seems notably heavy and perhaps overspec'ed.
11-18-2014 12:18 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

(11-18-2014 12:18 AM)Sleep87 Wrote:  It didn't quite go to max pressure, but it went well beyond the sleep lab titration setting.
Hi Sleep87 and welcome
The machine increase pressure in response to flow limitation and probably that is the case with mine. I'm going to trial "4Her" version in "AutoSet 4Her mode" to see whether will treating me better than the regular AutoSet. Designed for girls in mind but never know, might appeal to my other side as its more gentle in pressure increases than the regular AutoSet, will keep posted when the machine arrives

My machines are US version, Australian ones are pricey. I don't think the modem data transfer works between US and Australia
11-18-2014 01:29 AM
Franklyspeaking Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Resmed S10 autosense

Other Comments:

I got my new replacement S10 auto sense and gave it a try for the first night.

1. It did not turn off after I removed my mask I had to physically hit the button after 5 min to stop air flow. This happened on the first one too.

2 This machine was very quiet unlike my previous machine that really made annoying noises and woke me up.

3. My leak rate was 1 instead of 16-18 with the other faulty machine.

4. The only thing that was really different was my highest air flow, it said 5.4 I have never had that low of a maximum air flow reading. Mine is usually 11.4, but the tech set the EPR to 2 auto, my older machine I had it set to 1, I'm not sure that effected that number, but I plan to keep a close watch on this.

5. I did have rainout, but not as bad as the previous machine. My humidity in the air is 81%, I have the humidifier temp set to 60 degrees. I will probably have to continue adjusting this setting, because I keep my room pretty cold. During winter I sleep under an open window.

6. I tested three masks with the faulty machine and had rainout horribly, I tested the same three masks with my old trusty S9 auto apap and no rainout, I had all the settings set the same. I have two blue gel and one wisp nasal masks.

I really like the look of the machine, I wish the stop button was easier to feel, it's hard to feel for it in the dark in bed. It's small and very close to the on button.

I will continue to record my likes and dislikes and share.

I did want to add a comment to Zonk, I find your replies/comments very educational and have helped me several times-keep them coming. I am thankful to all the folks that post here. So many thoughtful and knowledgeable people in this forum. Thank you all.
11-23-2014 10:07 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
zippydad Offline

New Members

Machine: ResmedS10Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: unsure
Humidifier: Resmed S10
CPAP Pressure: 16
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Hi all! I've been using my Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset machine for about two weeks. This is my first CPAP machine, and I'm still trying to get used to using it. I like the physical appearance of the machine. I think it looks more like a radio than a piece of medical equipment. I also like the compact size of the unit, because it doesn't take up much room on my nightstand.

I am not a fan of the machines built-in wireless capabilities, but I was told that this feature was installed for the benefit of the insurance companies so they can monitor/verify patient usage. I don't believe that the medical supplier can change the settings remotely, because they had me bring my machine back into the store to re-set the pressure from 18 to 16 when my Doctor ordered the change.

Another thing I don't care for is the resistance I feel when I try to exhale at my max pressure (16). I don't know if this is normal or not, since this is my first machine, but it is very uncomfortable, and I feel like I am suffocating when it happens.

First impressions of a newbie user? Overall, I'd say the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset is a neat-looking, easy to use machine. My only concern is the possibility of the patients right to privacy being compromised by the S-10's built-in wireless/modem capabilities.
11-23-2014 03:54 PM
atters Offline

New Members

Machine: Resmed S9 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: Resmed
Humidifier: S9
CPAP Pressure: 4 - 12

Other Comments:

Does anyone know how the Wifi link on the new machine is setup to email results and can it be set to send the results to an email address of your choice such as your own email.
I get the new Resmed Airsense Autoset in the morning. Had the S8 Autoset and the S9 Autoset. Both have been excellent. Have tried others but there is no comparrison.
11-23-2014 04:25 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Mr. Van Winkle Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Eson
Humidifier: Airsense
CPAP Pressure: 9 -15
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments:

(11-23-2014 03:54 PM)zippydad Wrote:  Hi all! I've been using my Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset machine for about two weeks. This is my first CPAP machine, and I'm still trying to get used to using it. I like the physical appearance of the machine. I think it looks more like a radio than a piece of medical equipment. I also like the compact size of the unit, because it doesn't take up much room on my nightstand.

I am not a fan of the machines built-in wireless capabilities, but I was told that this feature was installed for the benefit of the insurance companies so they can monitor/verify patient usage. I don't believe that the medical supplier can change the settings remotely, because they had me bring my machine back into the store to re-set the pressure from 18 to 16 when my Doctor ordered the change.

Another thing I don't care for is the resistance I feel when I try to exhale at my max pressure (16). I don't know if this is normal or not, since this is my first machine, but it is very uncomfortable, and I feel like I am suffocating when it happens.

First impressions of a newbie user? Overall, I'd say the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset is a neat-looking, easy to use machine. My only concern is the possibility of the patients right to privacy being compromised by the S-10's built-in wireless/modem capabilities.

Hi All,
This is my 3rd time using CPAP, And not knowing anything at all other than it's all Greek to me.
My thoughts were what a quite machine, my forced air furnace vents are much louder. The autoset is very nice the pressure follow your needs, My only complaint is also on exhale at the upper pressure it wakes me with that suffocating feeling, My hope is that can be reset. I think it's a EPR setting which I can't change at this time on my end , I think the provider has to do it (Same for the Auto Start feature).
I like everything else so far, size and look is fine, not sure about the wifi yet, I had installed the software last night before bed but it told me the next morning that I did use the machine ? (I did just don't know where I went wrong yet.) I'm waiting for my Heated tube, but so far I feel real good, I'm progress along well, Even though all the waking I'm having with this new process of life, I do feel more awake in the morning. And NO dry mouth in the morning Smile.
11-23-2014 08:29 PM
jctampa Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed AutoSense 10 FH in AS mode
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10
Humidifier: Same as system
CPAP Pressure: 4-11 Auto
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Diabetic Type II, Insulin dependent. Formerly PR60 Auto.

3 days on the RM 10 FH. I can find no fault outside of the hassle I'm having getting the "Detail" data to show up in SH. I loaded ResScan and after some playing around I did get that Detail working but it sure is a long way from the user friendly presentation in SH!
11-24-2014 10:37 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
Franklyspeaking Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Resmed S10 autosense

Other Comments:

(11-23-2014 10:07 AM)Franklyspeaking Wrote:  I got my new replacement S10 auto sense and gave it a try for the first night.

1. It did not turn off after I removed my mask I had to physically hit the button after 5 min to stop air flow. This happened on the first one too.

2 This machine was very quiet unlike my previous machine that really made annoying noises and woke me up.

3. My leak rate was 1 instead of 16-18 with the other faulty machine.

4. The only thing that was really different was my highest air flow, it said 5.4 I have never had that low of a maximum air flow reading. Mine is usually 11.4, but the tech set the EPR to 2 auto, my older machine I had it set to 1, I'm not sure that effected that number, but I plan to keep a close watch on this.

5. I did have rainout, but not as bad as the previous machine. My humidity in the air is 81%, I have the humidifier temp set to 60 degrees. I will probably have to continue adjusting this setting, because I keep my room pretty cold. During winter I sleep under an open window.

6. I tested three masks with the faulty machine and had rainout horribly, I tested the same three masks with my old trusty S9 auto apap and no rainout, I had all the settings set the same. I have two blue gel and one wisp nasal masks.

I really like the look of the machine, I wish the stop button was easier to feel, it's hard to feel for it in the dark in bed. It's small and very close to the on button.

I will continue to record my likes and dislikes and share.

I did want to add a comment to Zonk, I find your replies/comments very educational and have helped me several times-keep them coming. I am thankful to all the folks that post here. So many thoughtful and knowledgeable people in this forum. Thank you all.
-------------------------
After my second night -the machine showed 16 on my leaksOh-jeez I never had this high of leaks on my S9, the highest I ever with it was 4, it showed 7.5 as my max airflow for that night, for the past 8 months on the s9 my average max was 11.4. So I plan to keep watching this. Not sure what to think. No rain out last night.

Just for the new comers you can adjust or see your readings by holding down both buttons at the home screen you can then toggle through to check your settings and readings.
11-24-2014 01:50 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  ResMed S9 AutoSet CPAP [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 44 40,879 04-04-2014 06:15 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2