Mask Make & Model: F&P Eson
Humidifier: Airsense
CPAP Pressure: 9 -15
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
(11-24-2014 01:50 PM)Franklyspeaking Wrote:  
(11-23-2014 10:07 AM)Franklyspeaking Wrote:  I got my new replacement S10 auto sense and gave it a try for the first night.

1. It did not turn off after I removed my mask I had to physically hit the button after 5 min to stop air flow. This happened on the first one too.

2 This machine was very quiet unlike my previous machine that really made annoying noises and woke me up.

3. My leak rate was 1 instead of 16-18 with the other faulty machine.

4. The only thing that was really different was my highest air flow, it said 5.4 I have never had that low of a maximum air flow reading. Mine is usually 11.4, but the tech set the EPR to 2 auto, my older machine I had it set to 1, I'm not sure that effected that number, but I plan to keep a close watch on this.

5. I did have rainout, but not as bad as the previous machine. My humidity in the air is 81%, I have the humidifier temp set to 60 degrees. I will probably have to continue adjusting this setting, because I keep my room pretty cold. During winter I sleep under an open window.

6. I tested three masks with the faulty machine and had rainout horribly, I tested the same three masks with my old trusty S9 auto apap and no rainout, I had all the settings set the same. I have two blue gel and one wisp nasal masks.

I really like the look of the machine, I wish the stop button was easier to feel, it's hard to feel for it in the dark in bed. It's small and very close to the on button.

I will continue to record my likes and dislikes and share.

I did want to add a comment to Zonk, I find your replies/comments very educational and have helped me several times-keep them coming. I am thankful to all the folks that post here. So many thoughtful and knowledgeable people in this forum. Thank you all.
-------------------------
After my second night -the machine showed 16 on my leaksOh-jeez I never had this high of leaks on my S9, the highest I ever with it was 4, it showed 7.5 as my max airflow for that night, for the past 8 months on the s9 my average max was 11.4. So I plan to keep watching this. Not sure what to think. No rain out last night.

Just for the new comers you can adjust or see your readings by holding down both buttons at the home screen you can then toggle through to check your settings and readings.

Hey thank you Frankly Speaking for letting me know how to change the EPR setting, Now if I feel like I'm having trouble on exhale when my pressure is up closer to my max. at night and it wakes me do I want to set it down one or up? it's now set at Auto 2, I also activated to auto on so I'll see if I like that feature.
Thank you!

Mr. Van Winkle
11-24-2014 08:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Franklyspeaking Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Resmed S10 autosense
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Respironic blue gel mask
Humidifier: Resmed S10 autosense
CPAP Pressure: 4-18
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Female

(11-24-2014 08:11 PM)Mr. Van Winkle Wrote:  
(11-23-2014 10:07 AM)Franklyspeaking Wrote:  I got my new replacement S10 auto sense and gave it a try for the first night.

1. It did not turn off after I removed my mask I had to physically hit the button after 5 min to stop air flow. This happened on the first one too.

2 This machine was very quiet unlike my previous machine that really made annoying noises and woke me up.

4. The only thing that was really different was my highest air flow, it said 5.4 I have never had that low of a maximum air flow reading. Mine is usually 11.4, but the tech set the EPR to 2 auto, my older machine I had it set to 1, I'm not sure that effected that number, but I plan to keep a close watch on this.

5. I did have rainout, but not as bad as the previous machine. My humidity in the air is 81%, I have the humidifier temp set to 60 degrees. I will probably have to continue adjusting this setting, because I keep my room pretty cold. During winter I sleep under an open window.

6. I tested three masks with the faulty machine and had rainout horribly, I tested the same three masks with my old trusty S9 auto apap and no rainout, I had all the settings set the same. I have two blue gel and one wisp nasal masks.

I really like the look of the machine, I wish the stop button was easier to feel, it's hard to feel for it in the dark in bed. It's small and very close to the on button.

I did want to add a comment to Zonk, I find your replies/comments very educational and have helped me several times-keep them coming. I am thankful to all the folks that post here. So many thoughtful and knowledgeable people in this forum. Thank you all.
After my second night -the machine showed 16 on my leaksOh-jeez I never had this high of leaks on my S9, the highest I ever with it was 4, it showed 7.5 as my max airflow for that night, for the past 8 months on the s9 my average max was 11.4. So I plan to keep watching this. Not sure what to think. No rain out last night.

Just for the new comers you can adjust or see your readings by holding down both buttons at the home screen you can then toggle through to check your settings and readings.

Hey thank you Frankly Speaking for letting me know how to change the EPR setting, Now if I feel like I'm having trouble on exhale when my pressure is up closer to my max. at night and it wakes me do I want to set it down one or up? it's now set at Auto 2, I also activated to auto on so I'll see if I like that feature.
Thank you!

Mr. Van Winkle
-------------------
Hi Van Winkle and welcome.

I am no expert and had to learn most of everything needed on my own (in the beginning I had no insurance so I bought my S9 out of my pocket), I set the machine up using the knowledge from this board, but I learned early on to listen to my body.

If I were you I would adjust the setting down and then wait a week and see if it gets better. This machine seems to take longer to "learn" my breathing habits. My DME originally set my low prescription to 8, this blew me out, the low setting I chose in the beginning was 4, it worked for me. So after a couple of weeks I had to adjust that back down also.

Last night my leaks went down to 11, which are still way high for me based on the S9 and 8 months of results. I had terrible rainout last night, back to the chalk board on that. I have my humidifier temp set to 60 degrees and it was around 55 in my room it was less humid in my room last night so not sure why condensation??? I may pull out my hose kozie and see if that helps. My highest pressure was 8.4 so the machine is working towards my regular pressure of 11.4 based on past results, but it seems to take longer with this newer model.

Glad the hint on the knobs helped. Good luck and Sleep-well
11-25-2014 07:59 AM
Mr. Van Winkle Online

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: F&P Eson
Humidifier: Airsense
CPAP Pressure: 9 -15
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments:

(11-25-2014 07:59 AM)Franklyspeaking Wrote:  
(11-24-2014 01:50 PM)Franklyspeaking Wrote:  -------------------------

Thank you!

Mr. Van Winkle
-------------------
Hi Van Winkle and welcome.

I am no expert and had to learn most of everything needed on my own (in the beginning I had no insurance so I bought my S9 out of my pocket), I set the machine up using the knowledge from this board, but I learned early on to listen to my body.

If I were you I would adjust the setting down and then wait a week and see if it gets better. This machine seems to take longer to "learn" my breathing habits. My DME originally set my low prescription to 8, this blew me out, the low setting I chose in the beginning was 4, it worked for me. So after a couple of weeks I had to adjust that back down also.

Last night my leaks went down to 11, which are still way high for me based on the S9 and 8 months of results. I had terrible rainout last night, back to the chalk board on that. I have my humidifier temp set to 60 degrees and it was around 55 in my room it was less humid in my room last night so not sure why condensation??? I may pull out my hose kozie and see if that helps. My highest pressure was 8.4 so the machine is working towards my regular pressure of 11.4 based on past results, but it seems to take longer with this newer model.

Glad the hint on the knobs helped. Good luck and Sleep-well

I've been waiting for my heated hose to come in, that should help with the cool air on my nose , but I've also heard that should help with the rainout your having maybe give that a try?, I have not seen that problem yet of course (not even 1 week into my new lifestyle) and here is so dry in the winter months.
Rip
11-25-2014 04:03 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Franklyspeaking Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Resmed S10 autosense
Mask Make & Model: Respironic blue gel mask
Humidifier: Resmed S10 autosense
CPAP Pressure: 4-18

Other Comments:

Sex: Female

Thank you!

Mr. Van Winkle
------------
Your welcome glad I could helpWelcome

I use the heated hose, I will just need to figure out the right adjustments.
11-25-2014 04:41 PM
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

AirSense 10 does not work without the water tank inserted
For someone who does not use humidifier, insert the water tank empty and turn off humidity

There is also a side cover for AirSense 10 by ResMed allows the machine to be used without engaging the integrated humidifier
The side cover is attached to the side of the A10 and replace the water tank

The side cover comes in two colors, charcoal and grey
Charcoal for AutoSet, Elite, and CPAP
Grey color for, AutoSet for Her

[Image: Accessories_Air-10-Side_Cover_Charcoal_h...53X343.png] [Image: Accessories_Air-10-Side_Cover_Grey_heroi...53X343.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2014 07:20 PM by zonk.)
11-25-2014 07:13 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

Two things:
One, quoting text is not necessary in order to make a post. It is preferable that you don't if what you are going to say is short and the quoted text is huge.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...85#pid3285

Two, general questions are best asked in the Main Forum. This is the Review Forum. Since your posts are so quoted and tangled, I will leave them here rather than move them. Please keep this in mind for future questions.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
11-25-2014 10:58 PM
jctampa Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed AutoSense 10 FH in AS mode
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10
Humidifier: Same as system
CPAP Pressure: 4-11 Auto
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Diabetic Type II, Insulin dependent. Formerly PR60 Auto.

Zonk,
I have had in my sweaty little hands both an AutoSet 10 and AutoSet 10 For Her. The water tanks you pictured do not look like either that I've had. They were totally clear and shaped a bit differently. ???

JC

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”
"Duke" Wayne
11-26-2014 02:23 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

(11-26-2014 02:23 PM)jctampa Wrote:  Zonk,
I have had in my sweaty little hands both an AutoSet 10 and AutoSet 10 For Her. The water tanks you pictured do not look like either that I've had. They were totally clear and shaped a bit differently. ???

JC
NOT a water tank
Its a "SIDE COVER" for AirSense 10 machines, allows the machine to be used without engaging the built-in humidifier and fit in the same spot which the water tank would otherwise fit

Q: have you tried both modes .. AutoSet and AutoSet for Her?
If you did ... have you noted any differences
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2014 04:42 PM by zonk.)
11-26-2014 03:18 PM
jctampa Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed AutoSense 10 FH in AS mode
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10
Humidifier: Same as system
CPAP Pressure: 4-11 Auto
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Diabetic Type II, Insulin dependent. Formerly PR60 Auto.

Zonk,

Well that shows what happens if I don't pay attention! Sorry.

As for modes on the A10FH:
I ran the first night on standard AutoSet (for him I guess you could say) on 11/19, then on For Her until last night when I went back to For Him mode.
What I noticed primarily was that my PR60 Auto must have been totally messed up as I had virtually every kind of sleep event you can have including RERA, CSR, hypop's and a few CA's.

When I ran the Him, both times, my AHI's declined to the .2's (rather the avg of 3.83 with highs of 5.xx on PRS) and the Her AHI varied between .29 and .3x with one night at 1.23. Last night was my return to the Him mode and I logged a .24.

On both Her and Him and also the PR my settings were Auto 4-11, 2 humidity, and all comfort modes either on or Auto, including Auto Ramp on the RM. I recorded NO RERA, CSR and a rare CA on 1 or 2 nights.

As for "observations" I noticed a much softer start and slower changes on the Her while the Him seemed a little greater, both were very comfortable. My overall average pressure in on both were approx 90%=7.94 and avg=5.82.

Mask fit and pressure on both modes was great (P10 pillows) and better than the PR60.

Since both modes of the FH have the data detail reporting, I intend to remain on the Him mode as it seems to suit me better.

"JC"

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.”
"Duke" Wayne
11-27-2014 08:24 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
cowboy1970 Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Puritan Bennett Breeze
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: around 11 now (2/20/13)

Other Comments: Try not to think about a spider crawling up your nose from inside your tubing as your drift off. lol

My son has been using the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet since October 4th, 2014. I still use the ResMed S9 AutoSet.

I had to upgrade my ResScan software so that it would recognize the data from the AirSense.

My son has gotten use to it. It's very quiet. My son has his on the top of his headboard shelf, so the issue of the screen position isn't a problem for him. I can see how that could be a problem for people who place them on the floor.

I made him a tubing holder, so that helped with tangling.

Thanks for making this thread. I actually came here to see if others were discovering issues with this model, so I could be aware of it. So far, so good...
12-02-2014 12:26 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  ResMed S9 AutoSet CPAP [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 44 40,850 04-04-2014 06:15 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2