Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
Old82, I moved your post to the main forum where it belongs so you can get the best answer. You can find your thread here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-CA-events

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
04-21-2015 12:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
old82 Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Airfit P10 Nasal pillow
Humidifier: ClimateLineAir tubing
CPAP Pressure: 4-7
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Use chin strap to greatly reduce leaks

Sex: Male

(04-21-2015 12:43 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:  Old82, I moved your post to the main forum where it belongs so you can get the best answer. You can find your thread here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-CA-events

--------------------------------------
Thank you Paula02. I figured since my question was specific to the ability of the A10 -autoset to break down apneas by type that the best place to post it was the machine forum...but whatever gets me answers is all I care about . Thanks
04-21-2015 12:57 PM
Coach_L Offline

Members

Machine: Airsense10 Autoset
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10
Humidifier: Integrated
CPAP Pressure: 10-13
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments:

Thumbsup RE: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
(09-20-2014 06:26 PM)terrydk Wrote:  I picked up my AirSense 10 Autoset on Thursday and it works great, it is much quieter than the S8 that I had used since December of '09. My first night AHI was 0.2 and last night it was 0.0, the 0.0 was a first for me. Considering my AHI was 126 at my sleep study in '09 I am very pleased with how the ResMed machines have worked for me.

I've had an almost identical experience. I had the S8 since December of '09 then replaced it with the Airsense 10 Autoset in January of 2015 and have been using it ever since. It's so much quieter and more comfortable than the CPAP therapy I was using before. My AHI in the sleep study of April '09 was 84 and now I average below 0.5 AHI. I like the built in myAir feature which allows you to check your numbers over the internet without any special software. My only issue is that I'm opening my mouth at times and sometimes wake up dry. However this only occurs about 1-2 times per week, otherwise I sleep like a log with this machine and am very pleased with it. The humidifier seems a little weak on this machine so I have it cranked up all the way with the optional climate line hose. I've had no issues with rainout using this setup, even in the warmer weather nowadays. All in all it's a great product and if you have it set up properly, I don't think you'll have any major issues.
05-30-2015 07:41 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

(05-30-2015 07:41 AM)Coach_L Wrote:  All in all it's a great product and if you have it set up properly, I don't think you'll have any major issues.
Agreed fair comment

I'm too average AHI below 0.5, zero last night

Coffee
05-30-2015 07:51 PM
Adoniscmj Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed AirSense10 Autoset for her
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: Integrated
CPAP Pressure: 6 to 9
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Thumbsup RE: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
(09-16-2014 05:14 AM)Reuven Gruber Wrote:  Are you using the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet. If yes - how long and what do you think about it

This is my first machine and I can say that it is very quiet, easy to use and the size is perfect for me as it fits on my night stand. It is no bigger than my digital clock. The only thing that I would like to change is to have the back light on the screen be adjustable so if I want it on longer I can set it up that way. So far it shows my AHI at 0.2 average for the last two weeks and my AHI on my sleep test was 34.
05-31-2015 10:13 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
sleepybeaver Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: A 10 autoset
Mask Make & Model: airfit p10
Humidifier: built-in , with climate line
CPAP Pressure: 6 to 12

Other Comments: I'm not really a prist...and my wife is not a nun....Halloween Costumes

(09-22-2014 01:10 AM)zonk Wrote:  Update

Unfortunately, the honeymoon did not last long, now I take back the 4 stars gave the machine in my first post

The A10 AutoSet increase pressure to the maximum and stay there for most of the night and that causes all sort of problems, swallowing air, increased leaks, and disturb sleep

Just had a nap with my S9 AutoSet, what a difference
The A10 destined to collect dust in the closet

Different people might come to different conclusion but I can only make judgement based on my own experience
I had the same problem....they swapped out the 1st one with another new one and it was like day and night....you may want to talk to your dme

It's exactly like that. . . . only totally different. . . . Sleep-well
06-07-2015 08:29 PM
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

(06-07-2015 08:29 PM)sleepybeaver Wrote:  I had the same problem....they swapped out the 1st one with another new one and it was like day and night....you may want to talk to your dme
I've buried the hatchet with the Airsense 10 and now we becomes the best of friends
Top notch machine ... highly recommended

Sometimes you say something and later on come back to bite you

Sleep-well
06-07-2015 09:49 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

For Setup Instructions with pictures, click here http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsense-10-aircurve-10-setup-info
The "dial" can be turned or pushed. The button below the screen with the house icon is called the "home" button. To access the clinician menu, press the dial and the home buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds. The clinician menu will appear. Select parameter(s) you wish to modify with the dial (push down to select, turn to modify). When done, press the dial and home buttons for 3 seconds again, or find the "exit clinical menu" option in the menus.

To get the Clinician Setup Manual for your CPAP Machine CLICK HERE http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

Step One:
Plug the machine in. The "dial" can be turned or pushed. The button below the screen with the house icon is called the "home" button. To access the clinician menu, press the dial and the home buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds. The clinician menu will appear.

[Image: A10-pic1.jpg]

Step Two:
Select parameter(s) you wish to modify with the dial (push down to select, turn to modify).

[Image: A10-pic2.jpg]

[Image: A10-pic3.jpg]

[Image: A10-set-time.jpg]

Step Three:

When done, press the dial and home buttons for 3 seconds again, or find the "exit clinical menu" option in the menus
12-06-2015 02:11 PM
Diane1048 Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 for Her with Built-in Wireless Connectivity
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Airfit P10 for Her
Humidifier: HumidAir - inbuilt
CPAP Pressure: Auto-CPAP 4 - 12
CPAP Software: SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments: Started CPAP therapy Dec 2015 as Sleep Apnea makes my Blood Pressure very High | possible Diabetic

Sex: Female

5BedAmazing

My sleep study demonstrated significant REM related obstructive sleep hypopnoea/apnoea with desaturations to a nadir Sa02 of 73%. My overall AHI = 12.8/hr however my supine REM AHI = 62.5/hr and REM AHI = 26.1/hr.

My sleep study indicated I had severe Sleep Apnoea during REM sleep and I was virtually not breathing for long periods of time. I also recorded frequent high level snoring which had become very embarrassing for me in recent years.

REVIEW: 5
Reviewing the overall value of the product as well as performance and ease of use and maintenance of the equipment.

I am not going to lie – it was an expensive investment for me. In my case – I was not borderline OSA - I was virtually looking at not waking up or waking up with a heart attack or stroke sometime in the future if I went untreated. So the value of the APAP is relative to your situation. This machine is very valuable to me because it has changed my life in so many wonderful ways such as:

1. I am now recording below .5 AHI all night and I even got my first 0.00 AHI reading last week. My 02 saturation levels is back up to 97%+ (from a very low sa02 of 73% pre CPAP therapy)

2. I have ENERGY again – gone is the extreme fatigue that I had accepted as normal. I would hit the wall about 3pm every afternoon and was incapable of
doing anything much or going out at night to socialize etc.

3. My blood pressure levels immediately fell to normal BP levels and there are many other health benefits to getting proper sleep and normal 02 saturation of your blood.

3. I no longer snore!!! What a relief it is to not disturb other people’s sleep particularly when travelling with friends.

What I love about this product is the fact that you can monitor your own sleep data with Sleepyhead or myAir to see how you are travelling with your CPAP therapy. It is low maintenance and easy to use once you get used to all the functions which did not take very long at all. It is very quiet and I am barely aware that it is running during the night.

The only small thing is the auto-dim lighting of the display panel – it stays dim at night and it is hard to read in the darknesss. I know there is a reason for this, however I just wish that I could undim it if I want to at night.

This is my first CPAP machine so I cannot compare machines – I can just say that this product did what it advertised it would do and has made such a difference to my life – I cannot imagine ever being without it now.
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2016 05:16 PM by Diane1048.)
01-16-2016 05:04 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

Nice review. And congrats on your successful therapy!

Thanks Diane! Coffee

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

01-16-2016 08:59 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  ResMed S9 AutoSet CPAP [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 44 40,846 04-04-2014 06:15 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2