Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset - Loud!
ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset - Loud!
Hi.  I have been a CPAP user for over 5 years and was quite excited to FINALLY get a new machine, the ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset.  I thought it was suppose to be quiet, but it is not!  It is quite loud in comparison to my older Respironics machine and my DeVilbiss machine, both fixed pressures.  I have found some video on Youtube where others have posted the similar sound.  Maybe it is just the way it is, especially with an autoset machine for the first time.  I was just wondering what others have experienced with this machine?  It doesn't sound healthy....that I know  Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset - Loud!
Go to My options scroll all the way to the bottom to the about section and check the run hours to ensure you got a new machine from your DME also try changing the surface it stands on as that may be increasing the noise by transmitted sound. Try placing it on the floor rather than on the bedside cabinet level with your head.

Jason
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the advise Jason.  The run hours check out.  I don't think I can place it on the floor because of the hose length, but I will try some things.

I see you have a similar unit.  Do you have experience with other units?   I know it is not going to be whisper quiet, but seems too loud for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don’t have a problem with the noise to be honest. I have tried an S9 and that was a similar noise level. As I got used to using the machine I don’t think about the noise now, it’s certainly a lot less than my snoring that got me kicked into the spare room
Post Reply Post Reply
Being single, it is only bothering me (and the snoring never woke me until I gasp for air...lol). 

I just wish I had a benchmark of what it should sound like and how loud.  For such an expensive machine which I bought for out of pocket (certain insurance plans for CPAP equipment are a total rip-off) I guess I expected more.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was titrated at home for 2 weeks with it and it was a whisper.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your machine should be virtually silent. Not sure what to suggest. If the noise seems to be coming from the motor, I would contact your DME and insist on a replacement. If it seems to be coming from the area of the humidifier, it could be that either your humidifier is damaged or it just isn't seating properly. I have 2 Airsense machines and neither make any appreciable sound. You just hear air in the hose and mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine is also noisy by my standards. I was actually pretty surprised because I'd read they were very quiet. Oddly, mine seems to be noisier on the exhales for some reason.

(11-21-2017, 05:41 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: Your machine should be virtually silent.  Not sure what to suggest.  If the noise seems to be coming from the motor, I would contact your DME and insist on a replacement. If it seems to be coming from the area of the humidifier, it could be that either your humidifier is damaged or it just isn't seating properly.   I have 2 Airsense machines and neither make any appreciable sound.  You just hear air in the hose and mask.

Air rushing is what I hear. There isn't any motor noise with mine, but noise is noise. Absolute silence would be nice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Use the site search function (bottom right on main forum page) to search for "pneumatic block".  There have been reports of loud Autosets where this component is defective.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great info on the "pneumatic block" issue.  I am 95% certain that is the problem.  Listened to a Youtube video and that certainly sounds like it.  I will try and see if I can get the audio uploaded. 

Thanks for all the feedback.  Now to convince the medical provider.  Ughh.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 494 4 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,847 Yesterday, 11:41 AM
Last Post: her.suit
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 845 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 169 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,634 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.