Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset problem
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset problem
Farther, in your first post you wrote this: “Nearing the end of my warranty period the machine has suddenly developed a problem. This past Sunday, the machine seemed to start running away with pressure increases during the night waking me up and negatively affecting the quality of my sleep. I mitigated this partially by lowering the pressure range to 8-10 which helps but does not really address the problem. But when I do wake up at night the pressure is pegged at 10. I don't think there is a significant change in my health status that would cause the machine to increase the pressure.”

Looking at the chart you posted, I’m not really seeing the pressure running away, though it does seemingly go up in response to your flow limitations. FLs are restrictions somewhere in your airway that are short of obstructions. The machine is programmed to increase pressure to fully reopen your airway so that limitations don’t turn into obstructions.

Sometimes FLs are caused by nasal congestion. Could that be the case for you? Or the FLs might originate lower down, perhaps because of the position of your head while you sleep.

To work some more on your head position, look for a shorter cervical collar. They are made in different heights. It’d be interesting to see whether a collar reduced your FLs.

In any event, it’s good you’ll be having your machine checked, just to be completely sure it is working right. Others may be able to advise you on whether any changes in your pressure settings would be a good idea.
Post Reply Post Reply
What is the serial number of your machine? If the 3rd and 4th digits are 14 or 15 there may be an issue with the machine involving the PB assembly. I have seen quite a few of these machines that have come into my office that are not holding pressure and randomly slip up to 10 - 10.3 cm/H2O and then stay there. Oddly enough, though, the software in the machine is not aware of this and will not show it on the data - i.e. the machine thinks that it is changing pressure when it actually isn't. When I have sent them in to the manufacturer for repair the quote comes back at about $200.

The machine has a two year warranty on it, but damage from smoke or water will void it.

I work for Lincare in Fort Collins Colorado and I've been dealing with this issue with a lot of 2014 and 2015 ResMed Airsense 10 machines. They seem to have addressed the issue in the 2016 and later devices.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the heads-up.  Mine is, indeed, a 14 in the serial number, purchased January of 2015 through Lincare in Yreka, CA.  I don't live in Yreka anymore so Lincare is not my medical device vendor.  How do I go about getting service done on this unit?
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry for the delay in my reply.
ResMed likes to handle repairs through DME companies, or so they tell me.
I would think, that since you got the device through Lincare, that you should be able to get it serviced that way.
The repair process is as follows:
Bring the machine to your local store
Be prepared to put a credit card on file, especially if you want a loaner. My policy is no loaners without a credit card.
Lincare will need to get a purchase order - takes 2 or 3 days.
They will then call ResMed and get an RMA and ship the machine off to California for evaluation.
It will generally take ResMed about a month to evaluate and create an estimate. They will create two - one with the actual amount and one much higher that they would bill an insurance plan for the repair if such a thing actually exists...
Lincare should then get in touch with you and let you know the damage - if it is just the PB assembly it should be under $200 - and you can decide what you want to do at that point.
If you opt for repair Lincare will charge your card, call ResMed and authorize the repair, and your machine should be back within a week.
Repairs do come with a one year parts and labor warranty.
Otherwise, you can have them send the machine back unrepaired and figure something else out.
If the local store balks at the idea (although I don't know why they would) or seem confused have them reach out to Fred at the Fort Collins Colorado store and I'll be happy to talk them through it...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,740 50 minutes ago
Last Post: her.suit
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 412 2 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 110 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,567 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 168 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 614 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.