Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset problem
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset problem
Farther, in your first post you wrote this: “Nearing the end of my warranty period the machine has suddenly developed a problem. This past Sunday, the machine seemed to start running away with pressure increases during the night waking me up and negatively affecting the quality of my sleep. I mitigated this partially by lowering the pressure range to 8-10 which helps but does not really address the problem. But when I do wake up at night the pressure is pegged at 10. I don't think there is a significant change in my health status that would cause the machine to increase the pressure.”

Looking at the chart you posted, I’m not really seeing the pressure running away, though it does seemingly go up in response to your flow limitations. FLs are restrictions somewhere in your airway that are short of obstructions. The machine is programmed to increase pressure to fully reopen your airway so that limitations don’t turn into obstructions.

Sometimes FLs are caused by nasal congestion. Could that be the case for you? Or the FLs might originate lower down, perhaps because of the position of your head while you sleep.

To work some more on your head position, look for a shorter cervical collar. They are made in different heights. It’d be interesting to see whether a collar reduced your FLs.

In any event, it’s good you’ll be having your machine checked, just to be completely sure it is working right. Others may be able to advise you on whether any changes in your pressure settings would be a good idea.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Z1 problem on flight numbersman 1 104 06-17-2019, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Diotima245
  ResMed Airsense 10 connection to myAir on unsupported countries lemonbomb 3 92 06-15-2019, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  my Respiratory Rate is high, is this a problem? FE350 4 244 06-12-2019, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResMed Autoset "puffy"? mcguirejohnr 9 332 06-03-2019, 08:15 AM
Last Post: lngtrm1
  ResMed Airsense 10 changes? Bobbyhousing 3 189 06-03-2019, 05:12 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet Big Guy 2 208 05-31-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Big Guy
  ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet TangoBravo 7 212 05-31-2019, 11:54 AM
Last Post: bonjour

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.