Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell
Process of elimination, if you have a new or used hose and a different mask replace them. See if that resolves the issue.
The next thing is I'm thinking is your cleaning supplies. I use a little dawn soap with vinegar and water and I can tell you that I have a excellent sense of smell and I can smell the vinegar scent after two days.
Hope you find the problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
A burning smell in these machines has often been fixed by keeping the AC adapter as far as possible from the intake. If you happen to have the AC adapter near the machine, move it!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-21-2020, 11:56 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: A burning smell in these machines has often been fixed by keeping the AC adapter as far as possible from the intake.  If you happen to have the AC adapter near the machine, move it!

That makes excellent sense, some times I will put my hand on Adapter to see how hot it gets, my old one seems to be a little warmer than my new machine adapter.
Post Reply Post Reply
The power supply for my AirSense 10 AutoSet is barely warm to the touch. It's little green power on indicator light is so dim, you have to get close to see if it's on.
Post Reply Post Reply
My power supply is as far away from my ResMed as possible.  The power supply has NEVER emitted a burning smell.  It is the ResMed unit itself.  Again, ResMed simply does not care.  It seems it would rather poison its users with toxic fumes, while it makes all of its money.
Post Reply Post Reply
No offense meant, but you're not the customer to ResMed. That would be the DME as that is who generates the money by signing the patient for a series of boat payments. As I think was already said, maybe it's some manufacturing smell that you are sensitive to that is causing the issue. I'm not saying something isn't getting hot, it could be you're aware of it more than others.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Three ResMed CPAP machines that I have used all smell to bloody hell...enough to wake even the dead up, choking and gagging.  This is not trivial.  It is a major and repetitive problem with these machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-22-2020, 05:25 PM)bsullivan Wrote: Three ResMed CPAP machines that I have used all smell to bloody hell...enough to wake even the dead up, choking and gagging.  This is not trivial.  It is a major and repetitive problem with these machines.

Just curious are you using  ozone cleaner on your machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
No, but I keep my equipment meticulously clean by other means.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just woke up once again to the very nasty burnt smell on my Resmed Air Sence 10 Autoset. I have done this numerous times because I forgot to fill my humidifier. I am not at this time using a heated hose. The smell is coming from within the humidifier when it runs out of water. Running dry is the only time that I get that nasty stink. After refilling the reservoir the smell will go away after about 15 minutes to half an hour.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 412 2 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 615 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,610 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,810 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,775 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,179 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.