Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirSense 10 Disassembly and Modem Removal
ResMed AirSense 10 Disassembly and Modem Removal
For those who have purchased a used unit and have an interest in either (1) disabling/removing the modem or (2) disassembling the pump assembly in order to clean it, I did a complete teardown and re-assembly video of my ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet For Her.

I hope this is useful for someone. At the very least, it should satiate your curiosity about what's inside.

Sorry for the low volume.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 Disassembly and Modem Removal
Very nice video. Thanks for that. :-)

For people wanting the bottom line on the modem disconnection it is at time stamp 3:59.
In this image your finger is on the modem connector that can be disconnected easily.
Maybe use a bit of electrical tape to isolate the connector once disconnected.

Tool required to open the case is Torx (or Star) size 10 to avoid damaging the screwheads.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Good job! Interesting how it’s put together. I thought it would have been a lot more complicated.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, usually this type of thing has tamper-proof screws, adhesives, and other things that make it difficult to take apart. Basically they designed it to be simple, water-resistant, and easily repaired. Nice for us.
Post Reply Post Reply
And it still takes six weeks to get a quote on a repair, according to my Ontario DME...

I am just now out of my 5 year warranty, with about 13000 hours. Too soon to get a new one, too much annoyance just because my hose won't heat.

Maybe I should take it apart...
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the video. I only went as far as disabling the modem. It was so handy to see how to get the covers off.
Post Reply Post Reply
What! No mouse on a wheel?

I feel cheated... lol!

John
Post Reply Post Reply
Very nice video! My curiosity is fully satisfied now in case I really want to clean out the insides. Thank you for making this!
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, interesting. Older models had a ton of foam in them to keep things quiet, but this one had none at all (except the little ring I point out). I guess they found other ways to make them quiet.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dear Farnsy,
Thank you so much for your film. I am fairly unhandy but your film and tips  made this totally do-able.
I disconnected the modem and completely cleaned (& disinfected as much as possible) the whole thing. Something I would never have attempted without your film and advice. The only investment I had to make was buying a torx 10 screwdriver. Your advice to take photos every step of the disassembly was invaluable.  
I was so relieved that it actually worked after I put it back together. Thanks to you I have a clean fresh machine and it now seems to run quieter too.
Lately, I have been finding moisture/condensation(?) on the bottom of the water tank every morning that I need to wipe dry. I only fill the tank half way and am careful not to spill. So I am hoping this tear down will somehow magically resolve this problem too.  Will let you know after I use it tonite.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 82 Yesterday, 11:58 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,464 Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  ResMed blower motor disassembly PinehillJoe 3 89 04-15-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 139 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 27,011 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 136 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,900 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.