Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirSense 10 Disassembly and Modem Removal
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 Disassembly and Modem Removal
@farnsy

Did you happen to notice if the modem was a 3G CDMA modem or a 4G LTE?

Great video.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
In order to keep this information available to members, I have copied the first post to the Private Files area where other repair and software links are kept. Thanks again to farnsy for making the video.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all.  Great video farnsy!!  I actually did this myself.  I have two machines.  An Autoset as my backup machine and an Aircurve as my main machine.  The Aircurve blower was making the whiney noise on inhalation and the Autoset machine wasn't making any noise.  I bit the bullet and figured I'd take the Autoset apart first.  That way, if I screwed it up, it was only my backup machine.  I'd rather use the Aircurve with the whiney sound cause it's a much better machine for me.  Luckily everything worked out, so I decided to do the Aircurve also.  The procedure is exactly the same, so I got the blowers reversed and now the Aircurve isn't whiney anymore.  Now it's the backup Autoset that is.  I wish I would have made a video like you though.   

If anybody knows where I can get a new/used motor for the machines, it would be greatly appreciated also.  

Hope you all are sleeping well, and having great days. 

Brian
Post Reply Post Reply
I love your commentary on that video! Thanks for showing us how easy it is to disable - and even remove - the modem!
Post Reply Post Reply
Moderator Note:
In order to prevent the topic drift of this thread, all posts relating to the A10's humidifier tank have been split to the following thread,

[split] ResMed AirSense 10 Humidifier Tank Problems
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, my Autoset S10 is extremely whiny, I can no longer sleep using it.
I'm ready to strike out on my own, but would rather follow in the vootshteps, vootshteps of giants. As a member, is this film available to me?
Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
So apparently I have an older model Airsense10. The cellular connection recently stopped working.From what Ive read the 3G network is no longer supported.Is there a way to configure my machine to connect to my Wifi network?
I downloaded Oscar to see if I can get my Compliance report like I was able to with Sleepyhead, but cant. Is there a 4G replacement modem?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jtmilstead!  -  Welcome
Unfortunately, there isn't a current way to connect to your Wi-Fi network. The Toshiba Wi-Fi SD card, used to download Resmed data, is no longer manufactured.  Any of these cards that are available and functional are cost prohibited.  Also, there isn't any 4G replacement.

If you produced your compliance report with SleepyHead, you can do the same in OSCAR, since it is a fork of the now discontinued SleepyHead project.  I would suggest that you go to the Statistics page and select the option at the bottom, Date Range.  Select the beginning date and the end date you desire.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Nice video. Great job. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,749 2 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 414 3 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,615 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 615 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,611 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,779 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.