Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirSense 10 Disassembly and Modem Removal
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 Disassembly and Modem Removal
@farnsy

Did you happen to notice if the modem was a 3G CDMA modem or a 4G LTE?

Great video.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
In order to keep this information available to members, I have copied the first post to the Private Files area where other repair and software links are kept. Thanks again to farnsy for making the video.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi all.  Great video farnsy!!  I actually did this myself.  I have two machines.  An Autoset as my backup machine and an Aircurve as my main machine.  The Aircurve blower was making the whiney noise on inhalation and the Autoset machine wasn't making any noise.  I bit the bullet and figured I'd take the Autoset apart first.  That way, if I screwed it up, it was only my backup machine.  I'd rather use the Aircurve with the whiney sound cause it's a much better machine for me.  Luckily everything worked out, so I decided to do the Aircurve also.  The procedure is exactly the same, so I got the blowers reversed and now the Aircurve isn't whiney anymore.  Now it's the backup Autoset that is.  I wish I would have made a video like you though.   

If anybody knows where I can get a new/used motor for the machines, it would be greatly appreciated also.  

Hope you all are sleeping well, and having great days. 

Brian
Post Reply Post Reply
I love your commentary on that video! Thanks for showing us how easy it is to disable - and even remove - the modem!
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Moderator Note:
In order to prevent the topic drift of this thread, all posts relating to the A10's humidifier tank have been split to the following thread,

[split] ResMed AirSense 10 Humidifier Tank Problems
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Beginner's Guide to Sleepyhead and OSCAR
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air Curve Humidifier Tank Removal Homerec130 13 198 11-29-2020, 08:44 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 41 2,667 11-29-2020, 04:53 AM
Last Post: EnsignRo
  Resmed Airsense 10 parts replacement arunjb 8 300 11-23-2020, 04:06 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  Resmed s10 airsense problem Paul1946 3 181 11-23-2020, 12:47 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can I use the existing modem with a new machine? SevereApnea 7 219 11-22-2020, 09:57 PM
Last Post: SevereApnea
  ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep Report SideSleeper 4 214 11-18-2020, 01:40 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  Resmed AirSense 10 Heater Plate Temperature JerryK 4 177 11-14-2020, 11:51 PM
Last Post: JerryK

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.