Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirSense 10 Machine Lifespan?
ResMed AirSense 10 Machine Lifespan?
How long should one expect these CPAP machines to last?

Have a 2019 ResMed AirSense 10 and have been using it every night for a year. (AHI is down to .25 after dialing it all in over the last 6 months and finally feeling great!)

Don't have any kind of plan that forces upgrades or pays for them for that matter.

Curious how many years people are getting out of these machines before they have to be replaced?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 Machine Lifespan?
They should have a minimum 5 year lifespan or longer. If you have insurance, they sometimes replace a unit after that period of time.

Many folk though get more usage than that, so you should be ok.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great to know. Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
They are designed for 20k hours or 7yrs.  It may however be more or less. 

There was someone using one with 35k hours (12yrs, 8hrs per night)
Post Reply Post Reply
Great. Nice. That is pretty solid longevity. Thought maybe it was something like 2-3 years.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a resmed airsense 10 auto which I'm looking to repair or replace, it's 2.5 years old with 6000 hours usage. One night it got suddenly noisy, which is consistent with other users finding the blower bearings fail.

I'm in Australia, but bought new from the US as it was half the cost, delivered.

The local reps are keen to point out that it would still be under warranty if I'd bought local, and I point out I could have bought 2 for the same price.

I'm shopping around for repair quotes now, have already referred to the supplier's list here. The blower is in a sealed plastic casing with 2 bearings of different but common sizes. I'm happy to replace it myself if I can source the part.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. Is any maintenance of these machines required that can extend their life? Didn't find anything about that anywhere and do you know if those bearings are repairable if that is a common issue?
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think there is a whole lot you can do except changing the filters, and keeping things clean in general.  Oh and don't pull the machine off the nightstand onto the floor....ask me how I know. Smile

Unfortunately, just like anything else, you can get a lemon and it will break down in a year or two. But for the most part, these machines last a fairly long time.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hahaha. Right. Maybe someone needs to make a rubber travel phone case for these machines or a mount that fixes them to nightstands. Safety first!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a S9 with a little over 20,000 hrs on it. It still runs the same when new.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 22 436 32 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,807 4 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,612 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,803 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
Sad Blinking Red light on my Airsense 10 machine please ? What does it mean cajones 9 11,500 03-15-2024, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.