Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirSense 10 Question
ResMed AirSense 10 Question
Hello,

New to this and I don't know if DMEs and manufacturers make it confusing on purpose.

I don't know if I really received what I should have.

My delivery ticket says "37204 / CPAP, Airsense 10 unit (Efficacy)"  just like that.

It has a cell modem and has been reporting in daily no problem. The myAir has the dashboard populated

It appears to have two SD card slots - but no SD cards as the modem reports compliance and whatever else.

I put a SD card in the top slot and get data written and SleepyHead reports what seems to be mostly compliance data.
It also reports it as a "Brick".

What is confusing, if that the delivery ticket specifically says "Efficacy" which I would have though could provide more data.

Is that all of the data  I should expect from the unit?  Did I not get the type of unit called out?   

I curious to see all of the data that's there.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 Question
what does it say on the front of the device?

I'm going to suggest that you take it back and say this is not a unit I can accept.  

read this WIKI article.  Prescriptions

Current acceptable in Production Machines (ResMed and Philips Respironics, the 2 most popular manufactures)
  • ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (best choice) (E0601) (Fixed CPAP, Auto CPAP)

• ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her (best choice) (E0601) (Fixed CPAP, Auto CPAP)

• ResMed AirSense™ 10 Elite CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier (37205) (E0601) (Fixed CPAP)

You really want the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet or the "for Her" variant

The machine I think you have is "ResMed AirSense™ 10 CPAP"  This machine is in our opinion not acceptable.

also read this wiki article  New to Apnea? Helpful tips to ensure success
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you are correct. On the front it just says "CPAP" in a square box.

Model number "37204" is called out on the Prescription Page

Any recommendations on how to approach the DME to get the machine swapped during my "rental" period? Unfortunately, it's been over 30 days. The storefront is CPAPCentral, but the underlying DME is Dasco Home Medical
Post Reply Post Reply
Model 37204 is the Resmed Airsense 10 CPAP and has no efficacy data or extra features. It is the least expensive in the CPAP series and the one we specifically avoid because there is no way to determine its effectiveness, or if there are problems, what they are. Are you saying your doctor specified this machine?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-24-2019, 10:42 AM)pstryjew Wrote: I think you are correct.  On the front it just says "CPAP" in a square box.    

Model number "37204" is called out on the Prescription Page

Any recommendations on how to approach the DME to get the machine swapped during my "rental" period?  Unfortunately, it's been over 30 days.  The storefront is CPAPCentral, but the underlying DME is Dasco Home Medical

All I can say is raise a stink.  With both your doctor and your DME.  Ask pointed questions, what is driving my AHI, Obstructive or Central Apnea, Hypopneas, Flow Limits?  Am I still snoring?  How can I tell when these occurred?  Did they occur when I was asleep or awake?  Are they clustered together?  (note: there is no way anyone can tell with this machine)

OK, can we schedule monthly in lab sleep studies for the life of this machine which should be 5+ years so we can definitively know? (That is absurd and ridiculous)  Or can we change this machine to a ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset?  

We can help you locate a reasonably priced Autoset if you choose to pay on your own.

That said what were your symptoms?  Ask Why haven't they gone away? 
Note: you want to give your doctor a reason to change the script.
here is a list of potential symptoms

Symptoms
These are symptoms that impact our sleeping, arousals, and yes apnea too. Think of these, but do not limit yourself to these when you are asked "How do you feel?"

• Daytime hypersomnolence;

• Excessive fatigue;

• Morning headache;

• Cognitive dysfunction;

• Dyspnea, etc.;

• Fatigue;

• Insomnia;

• Difficulty going to sleep;

• Difficulty falling asleep;

• Wakening during the night;

• Daytime Sleepiness;

• Excessive Daytime Sleepiness (EDS);

• Poor concentration;

• Difficulty with balance;

• Shortness of breath;

• Dry mouth;

• Restless Sleep;

• Non-Restorative Sleep;

• Snoring;

• Obstructive Sleep Apnea;

• Restless Leg Syndrome;

• Nocturnal Leg Cramps;
Post Reply Post Reply
The Dr didn't specify and insurance pays for a "basic" unit.   The AutoSense 10 "Brick" was $200 out of pocket.  

The AutoSense 10 Autoset (that has full data capability) is $450 out of pocket.   Not happy about the prospect of paying $250 for those features.

I know some folks don't have insurance to cover any of it, so I shouldn't complain.   But the DMEs seem like they have an nice racket going on.  This one said they sell my an SD card for $10 to pull of the limited data.

Trying to decide how much I'll really use the data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Does the "Airsense 10 CPAP" even have an SD-card slot to begin with? If so, don't bother; save the $10, and maybe later use it to buy an SD card yourself if you upgrade your machine from Airsense 10 CPAP to an Airsense 10 Autoset or at least an Airsense 10 Elite (which has data but no APAP).

There is nothing in your current machine's collection of data that will do you any good. There's nothing to put into Sleepyhead/OSCAR or Resscan. All you get are the durations and AHIs and leak rates that are shown on the machine's screen. You can browse around on that screen to get the numbers for the most recent sleep session and the longer-term averages of the AHI.

If you have a chance to give up that "A10 CPAP" model and upgrade to a better one, and if you can afford to pay for that, then do it while you're able to. Otherwise, keeping the "CPAP" model, you'll need to get used to not having any data except the numbers from the display.

As for the DMEs' racket, yes, it is. Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
It does have a SD port and sticking in a off-the-shelf SD card (from the dozens I have laying around) worked as expected and pulled the data with SleepyHead software.  I was pointing out the silliness in their reply.  Oh and they'll read the data on the SD card and give me a printout for $15.

Of the ResMed units, they have the CPAP unit and the AutoSet (and the "for Her").  No Elite - probably not enough profit margin.

Yes the data I can get from this unit is the same as on the myAir app from ResMed.   

I just started so don't know the implications of changing DMEs.  There is plenty of data on this site, so I need to dig in.   

Frustrated.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-25-2019, 04:06 PM)pstryjew Wrote: It does have a SD port

That's interesting. I don't know why they bothered including it, since (as you said) there's nothing to see except the same basics as on the device's screen and myAir.

(Later: Oops, wasn't thinking ... of course they use the same circuit board, case, etc. on all Airsense 10 models and only the firmware is different. However, to prevent some confusion they could have had the case cover the SD-card slot on the "CPAP" model since there is "Nothing to see here; move along.")

(02-25-2019, 04:06 PM)pstryjew Wrote: I just started so don't know the implications of changing DMEs.  There is plenty of data on this site, so I need to dig in.   

It's OK ... it'll all work out eventually. This kind of stuff happens a lot. There are all sorts of possible incompatibilities along the way. If you need CPAP, then you're going to be in this for the long haul, and you'll be seeing more than one machine, more than one mask, etc. over the years.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can change DMEs. You just need to present the new one with a copy of the prescription. But don't try to charge your insurance twice within the allowed period or you end up paying for it anyway.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 465 1 hour ago
Last Post: Old Steve
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,822 7 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,618 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,806 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 229 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,185 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.