Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirSense 10, SD cards and OSCAR.
RE: ResMed AirSense 10, SD cards and OSCAR.
(12-04-2020, 01:22 AM)Jeff8356 Wrote: I bought my machine from Supplier #1 and it came with an official 4GB ResMed SD card and the mailer thing.   Just a hunch here but some DME's may be removing the supplied SD card so they can charge you (or your insurance) extra for it.

No joke, I have heard some DMEs taking the SDs and charging for it. They just don't dare to try it with me I'd suppose.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My machine did not come with a card.  But I figured it wouldn't, so bought it myself beforehand.  

My 2 cents:  DME's remove the cards as they think you don't need to monitor your own data.  Or possibly ResMed no longer supplies SD cards with their machines for the same reason.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another possibility crossed my mind. If Resmed doesn't supply the SD card, doctors will be forced to pay for a subscription to Resmed's cellular service. How do you spell, "revenue"?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What if one day they redesign cpaps without the SD card slot?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What I don't understand is why they haven't abandoned the SD for a USB port. Not only would this allow for the use of a more stable memory devices but it would allow for additional functionality, such as real time monitoring and/or adjustment. This feature would be of great significance in patient care facilities.

You could even charge your cell phone at night.... Big Grin
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW the machine my RT and I are pushing for, does have a USB on it. I also think it accepts CAT network cable for connection to the internet.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW, when I got my machine earlier this year in May, the supplier tried to hand me a used Phillips, and when I objected and said I wanted a ResMed, he got one that was brand new still in the factory sealed box, which he opened in front of me...

It did NOT have a card in it.

ex-Gooserider
Wheelchair using Paraplegic - T5,  Very hairy face, breath via both nose and mouth, so need full face mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
FYI

I've been using my 32gig micro SD card (had it laying around) with an adapter.

So far...

No problem!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the update on the microSD card, FlyingHigh. I had suspected as much, and it's good to have it confirmed.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,744 1 hour ago
Last Post: her.suit
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 412 2 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 615 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,608 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,774 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 470 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 102 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.