Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirSense 10, SD cards and OSCAR.
ResMed AirSense 10, SD cards and OSCAR.
Hi.  I have some questions about the RedMed AirSense 10.

1.  Why doesn't it have an SD card installed?
2.  Since there is no SD card where does it store my data before it transmits to myAir?
3.  When I put in a SD card will it be able to pick up my last three weeks worth of data or will I be starting from scratch?
4.  I have a SanDisk Ultra (32gig) with an adapter (microSDHC UHS-1 Card).  Will this work in my ResMed AirSense 10?
5.  If not, what SD card should I get? (I am getting this to generate OSCAR reports).

I hope that these are not too many questions for one thread.  If they are, I will break it up...

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirSense 10, SD cards and OSCAR.
1. Your supplier is only interested in compliance data so what they get from the machine over wifi is all they care about. They just don't supply one because they don't need it. But you do if you use OSCAR.
2. I'm not sure where it is stored but I assume it is stored on a chip until it is sent.
3. A new card will start on the day you put it in, it will be set up for the machine you are using and no data prior to that is kept. Most just get a new card and keep the old one with the info on it if they want to look back. If you don't want to get a new card you can make a folder on your computer and save all of the data then put it in your new pap and you are good to go.
4. 32 gig is the most you can use. and 8gig is enough. I don't know about the adapter but if you used it in your old machine it will most probably work in the ResMed.
5. Any SD card will work - look for something on sale, again 8 to 32 gig will work.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed is trying to save a buck by not shipping with cards installed.  Oh-jeez

Data for myAir is stored in the cloud. 

As far as I know, you'll start from scratch once you install the new SD card. You might get a basic summary of your treatment, but there will be no detail.

ResMed does not recommend using micro SD cards even with adapters. 

Any brand SD card will work as long as it doesn't exceed 32 GB. You'll not likely ever use that much space, so a cheaper 16 GB card is probably all you'll ever need. Even then, it'll be way more than enough.
My get-up-and-go musta got up and went.  Cool

Download OSCAR for your sleep data.  
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR

Post Reply Post Reply
1) ResMed ran out of their stock, and decided not to re-order? Somebody decided they cost more than ResMed wanted to pay? Who knows, but it was probably a cost accountant.
2) There is internal storage which holds up to one year of summary (not detailed) data.
3) The machine will write out the summary data it has stored (I'm pretty sure...please confirm). The detailed data is only saved to the SD card if it present during the night's sessions.
4) I think that it will; the adaptor should make it equivalent. Of course, ResMed only recommends use of a card they supply; that's their liability escape. These days, everybody ignores that advice.
5) Any full-size SD card from 2 to 32 GB should work. It's your data, I wouldn't go cheap. My 8 GB card has 4 years of data and is half full, just for reference.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsup 
Thank you!

I'll see what I can find.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi.  I just contacted my DME per ResMed and they are sending me a SD card.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got a new ResMed Aircurve 10 ASV from a new DME a week and a half ago. I asked about the SD card and the girl helping me said they don't come with one, yet the website said they do. So while she was doing the paperwork, I opened the little compartment and there was a ResMed card installed. Among the owners manual paperwork was also a fancy little 'official' SD card carry device for carrying the card where I need to take it. I can't read it's size though due to the coloring of the ink and the background, not even with a magnifying glass.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine didn't come w/ a card, so I stuck the smallest / oldest card I had in the slot, and it worked... I keep the machine on 'airplane mode' all the time as I don't want my data broadcast to who knows where... (and emphatically NOT to Resmed!). My supplier complained about needing the data for insurance compliance monitoring, so I told them to send me an SD card to swap...

I got a card w/ a Resmed label and the Resmed holder to fit in the (postage paid) return envelope.

According to my Linux box, it is a 3.7GB card... I think my box is displaying in 'binary K' rather than Decimal so 4GB if going w/ standard sizes...

With a couple months worth of data on it, the card still shows 3.6GB free, so a 4GB card should last a LONG time. Also per another thread, if the card does get full, it just deletes the oldest sessions which are probably not of great interest...

ex-Gooserider
Wheelchair using Paraplegic - T5,  Very hairy face, breath via both nose and mouth, so need full face mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
I must be getting the SD cards others aren't getting. My new ASV had the nice official ResMed SD when I got it 2 weeks ago. And the 2 different ASVs I were issued in 2017 had the SD card as well.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought my machine from Supplier #1 and it came with an official 4GB ResMed SD card and the mailer thing.   Just a hunch here but some DME's may be removing the supplied SD card so they can charge you (or your insurance) extra for it.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,714 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 342 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,593 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,760 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 467 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 102 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.