Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirSense 10--SD data card?
RE: ResMed AirSense 10--SD data card?
Are there any data charts from both machines available to show the differences??
Post Reply Post Reply
Breath by breath Detail
[Image: vNQqTcmm.png]
a basic chart
[Image: kwbZMu8m.png]

From your machine, nothing.
These are from an auto machine, on a CPAP the pressure would be flat.
Post Reply Post Reply
If this is your machine, no data:

[Image: IMG_8331_zpsfrbgbekb.jpg]

This is what the data looks like from this machine.  I'm sure you can find many examples of what the Autoset produces as posted by bonjour

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2976]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
yup, that's the one... which sucks because, as I said... they decide if you need CPAP or APAP based on the studies, then your coverage pays the rest (You'd think the Respiratory Services would want to sell you the more expensive machine also)

I must add... with the APAP machine, I could not use it more than 3-4 hours as it would wake me up all the time, sometimes would have a feeling like it was choking me or leaving me breathless.

3rd sleep with the CPAP machine and I'm at 6hrs per day of straight use and haven't woken up annoyed yet... could be the machine adjusting all the time that was waking me up.

Will talk to my doctor and see what he says, maybe he can prescribe the APAP and I'll just run it at CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2017, 08:33 AM)REN3G8 Wrote: I must add... with the APAP machine, I could not use it more than 3-4 hours as it would wake me up all the time, sometimes would have a feeling like it was choking me or leaving me breathless.

Sounds like an APAP with the settings wide open, which is just  (IMO) malpractice.  If so you shouldn't judge what an APAP machine would be like with proper settings.  Properly set up an APAP machine may be much different from what you experienced, an in any event such a machine can always be set to provide a steady pressure like a CPAP machine, but it will provide you with good data to adjust your treatment to your needs.

I am thinking you were the victim of a bad, uncaring or incompetent DME.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Just for the group

Current acceptable in Production Machines (ResMed and Philips Respironics, the 2 most popular manufactures)

• ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (best choice) (E0601) (Fixed CPAP, Auto CPAP)

• ResMed AirSense™ 10 Elite CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier (37205) (E0601) (Fixed CPAP)

• ResMed AirCurve 10, all models

• ResMed AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier (37211) (E0601, E0562) (best choice) (Fixed CPAP, BiLevel S, VAuto (Auto-BiLevel))

• ResMed AirCurve™ 10 ASV BiLevel Machine w/HumidAir™ Humidifier (E0471) (best choice) (Fixed CPAP, ASV, ASV Auto)

• Philips Respironics DreamStation Auto CPAP Machine (DSX500x11) (Not all DreamStation Models, Check SN on bottom, bricks look the same) (Fixed CPAP, Auto CPAP) (best choice)

• Philips Respironics DreamStation CPAP Pro (DSX400x11) (Not all DreamStation Models, Check SN on bottom) (Fixed CPAP)

• Philips Respironics DreamStation BiPAP Pro (DSX600x11) (Not all DreamStation Models, Check SN on bottom) (Fixed CPAP, Fixed BiPAP)

• Philips Respironics DreamStation BiPAP Auto Machine (DSX700x11) (Not all DreamStation Models, Check SN on bottom) (Fixed CPAP, Fixed BiPAP, Auto BiPAP) (best choice)
Current Machines to Avoid

• ResMed AirStart™ 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier (all models, 37201) (Lack of full data capability)

• ResMed AirSense™ 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ (37015, 37203) (Lack of full data capability)

• Philips Respironics DreamStation CPAP (DSX200x11) (Not all DreamStation Models, Check SN on bottom) (Lack of full data capability)
Note: These are current machines, there are older models that have full data capability that are available via secondary markets if budget is an issue. Please inquire on the forum and your questions will be answered.

Note that the elite CPAP is an acceptable machine but is not as flexible as an auto

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Excellent work Fred!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If I recall correctly, the Ontario Assistive Devices Program will pay the same for a CPAP with data (the AirSense 10 Elite) as for a CPAP brick (the AirSense 10 CPAP). They only distinguish between CPAP and APAP for most users, with restrictions on who can get the (slightly) more expensive APAP machine. Your doctor should rewrite the prescription to specify the Elite model, so that he/she (and YOU) can evaluate the efficacy of the treatment.

Without data, it's like taking a fixed dose of insulin without using a blood glucose meter. Doctors would not allow it!
Post Reply Post Reply
To answer the original question. Resmed is no longer putting the sd card in the machines. DME's don't really need them as the built in modems have been so successful. As others have suggested, just ask for an sd card.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-30-2017, 08:33 AM)REN3G8 Wrote: yup, that's the one... which sucks because, as I said... they decide if you need CPAP or APAP based on the studies, then your coverage pays the rest (You'd think the Respiratory Services would want to sell you the more expensive machine also)

I must add... with the APAP machine, I could not use it more than 3-4 hours as it would wake me up all the time, sometimes would have a feeling like it was choking me or leaving me breathless.

3rd sleep with the CPAP machine and I'm at 6hrs per day of straight use and haven't woken up annoyed yet... could be the machine adjusting all the time that was waking me up.

Will talk to my doctor and see what he says, maybe he can prescribe the APAP and I'll just run it at CPAP.

The Resmed Elite CPAP offers full data in a CPAP model. As far as I know the efficacy data is the only difference.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,749 1 hour ago
Last Post: her.suit
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 412 3 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 615 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,611 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,778 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,039 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 10 not recording data Guajiro 3 160 03-11-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.