Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help please!! S9 starting out on MAX pressure?!?
Help please!! S9 starting out on MAX pressure?!?
Hello all, thank you and advanced! I just recently cleaned my S9. I took off the case and lightly and blew it with an air hose softly to get off all dust. I put it back together and confirmed all my settings were still there. When I turn it on now it starts out at Max Pressure and unable to breathe through it. The pressure is so high through my nasal mask I have to take off because I can't breathe. It feels like 25 psi going through your nose!!. I disconnected it and even restored default settings. I even re-entered my min pressure at 4 and maximum pressure at 7. When I click the start button it instantly starts out on a max pressure and feels like 25. 
I could really use some help and unable to know what else to do?? I received this from a hand-me-down of my dad and have the settings readjusted for mine. I don't even know where to take it or what to do if I can fix it any help would be very much appreciated. Prior to this it's been working great and no issues.

Sincerely,

T
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help please!! S9 starting out on MAX pressure?!?
I bet you might leave it dirty next time. It looks like the case is coming off again. I'm guessing, but I hope it's just the flow sensor wire, that has been disconnected?
There are some strip down and reassemble threads and possibly videos on youtube.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the quick reply Ajax! 
Right!!! Funny...Is this something that's connected to the motherboard then? When I took the case off the only thing that was connected to the motherboard was the power supply that I saw. There's a video on YouTube that kind of shows house do take apart and I did this extremely carefully. https://youtu.be/CsR_yXzaAGw
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok scratch the wire idea, I told you I was guessing.
it's the two tubes off the flow meter, going into the holes and then going onto the motherboard. I think that is where I'd start and chase that area.

Youtube can be a dangerous thing. I nearly took my kidney out, to see if there was a cyst on it. After watching a medical one.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
As the blower/fan is working, my best guess is one of the flow sensor pipes has come off or they are the wrong way round.
These thin pipes are very easy to knock off, even on older models it is so easy to do.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Hellosleep34,
WELCOME! to the forum.! Hopefully, you wil be able to get your machine working.
Good luck with CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I can happily report issue has been resolved! I took off the case again and took out the motherboard and reset it carefully so the two clear tubes aligned with the sensors or flow sensor. I put everything back together and test it out and it started out at the minimum pressure normal. Thank you everyone so much for the insight to redo this and get it done.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well that sure got the old adrenaline going, I'll bet! Glad you got it fixed.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Starting Out - Guidance Please apneavolt 14 746 1 hour ago
Last Post: apneavolt
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 2 61 4 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Starting my journey to better sleep - guidance appreciated StuffyNoseDude 0 67 04-13-2024, 06:43 PM
Last Post: StuffyNoseDude
  Starting Again wxmcpo 10 131 04-10-2024, 02:44 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Slept fully twice in 3 months since starting CPAP for CSA redking2436 14 827 03-30-2024, 08:09 AM
Last Post: redking2436
  Seeing large number of clear airway events after starting new medication PapaColin 5 358 01-20-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  heart palpitations starting CPAP: temporary? acordeon 4 685 12-14-2023, 08:49 PM
Last Post: acordeon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.