Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirSense 10 "Smart Start" Doesn't Shut Down
(08-19-2015, 07:20 AM)Reuven Gruber Wrote: The 7.0 pressure limit is only for pillows due to their low flow rate andI am using a full facemask [also the document at the link referrers to the S9 and I am using model 10]
AirSense 10 clinical manual say the same thing:
[If the patient is using a nasal pillows mask with set pressure less than 7 cm H2O, SmartStart will not work and should be disabled]

If its important for you, contact your provider or ResMed customer service directly and get a response from them

Post Reply Post Reply
Mine worked fine until I changed from L nose pillow to M.  Now I have to remove the nose pillow or disconnect the hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
If it is any help I have the Airsense 10 and it has Smart Start enabled and if I stop the machine using the stop button on top, it starts up again almost instantly, I just have time to take my mask off before it starts up again. After I hit the stop I do not breath so it should not start right away, however, it does. Answer, a power switch to kill the power close at hand.
This machine is brand now and does this.
So it must be just the machine, I would rather it did this than stay stopped if power were to go off or it was accidental turned off.

Post Reply Post Reply

I tried AirSense 10 with Opus 360 nasal pillow (large) on 6cm pressure and it started and stopped automatically.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm so glad you asked this question! My SmartStart has been quite random, and I've been unable to figure out why. I guess maybe it only works when I'm coming off a higher pressure than my baseline.
Post Reply Post Reply
Same machine here.  Using the Amara View mask and the autostart/stop function works well. I'm at 10-14 pressure range.
Post Reply Post Reply

Newbie: I just realized the random SmartStart feature would rack up leakage. Ha ha ha.... every time I take a bathroom break! And I could gave sworn the mask wasn't leaking.  Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
Page 31 in the Clinical manual says the machine may continue to run in a cool down phase in order to dry the tube and prevent condensation. It may run as long as 20 minutes.  Wink
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  dreamstation go- auto start of ramp up? cbrts765 4 92 Yesterday, 04:28 PM
Last Post: cbrts765
  Quest to diagnosis and start CPAP - some questions psm4610 9 174 12-07-2017, 09:38 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Resmed Airsense 10 Using Full Water Tank Every Night Nsquared1 23 1,725 12-06-2017, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Sleep2Snore
  ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset - Loud! Jamizer 23 807 11-28-2017, 06:49 PM
Last Post: GordNWT
  switching to Resmed Airsense interpretation appreciated car54 10 328 11-20-2017, 09:11 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Flummoxed: my xPAP doesn't keep daylight savings time HalfAsleep 31 697 11-17-2017, 04:37 AM
Last Post: SnoringInOregon
  resmed airsense 10 wifi kerm007 13 744 11-07-2017, 10:37 PM
Last Post: yankees123