Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirSense 10 "Smart Start" Doesn't Shut Down
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 "Smart Start" Doesn't Shut Down
(08-19-2015, 07:20 AM)Reuven Gruber Wrote: The 7.0 pressure limit is only for pillows due to their low flow rate andI am using a full facemask [also the document at the link referrers to the S9 and I am using model 10]
AirSense 10 clinical manual say the same thing:
[If the patient is using a nasal pillows mask with set pressure less than 7 cm H2O, SmartStart will not work and should be disabled]

If its important for you, contact your provider or ResMed customer service directly and get a response from them

Post Reply Post Reply
Mine worked fine until I changed from L nose pillow to M.  Now I have to remove the nose pillow or disconnect the hose.
Post Reply Post Reply
If it is any help I have the Airsense 10 and it has Smart Start enabled and if I stop the machine using the stop button on top, it starts up again almost instantly, I just have time to take my mask off before it starts up again. After I hit the stop I do not breath so it should not start right away, however, it does. Answer, a power switch to kill the power close at hand.
This machine is brand now and does this.
So it must be just the machine, I would rather it did this than stay stopped if power were to go off or it was accidental turned off.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried AirSense 10 with Opus 360 nasal pillow (large) on 6cm pressure and it started and stopped automatically.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm so glad you asked this question! My SmartStart has been quite random, and I've been unable to figure out why. I guess maybe it only works when I'm coming off a higher pressure than my baseline.
Post Reply Post Reply
Same machine here.  Using the Amara View mask and the autostart/stop function works well. I'm at 10-14 pressure range.
Post Reply Post Reply
Newbie: I just realized the random SmartStart feature would rack up leakage. Ha ha ha.... every time I take a bathroom break! And I could gave sworn the mask wasn't leaking.  Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
Page 31 in the Clinical manual says the machine may continue to run in a cool down phase in order to dry the tube and prevent condensation. It may run as long as 20 minutes.  Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm so glad that I ran across this forum while searching for info about the Smart Start function on the ResMed  air curve 10 machine.  I was hoping it was an automatic function to start the machine when you put your mask on.   I am so happy to find out that is what it does because I have only had my ASV machine for 6 days, and for some reason, I must keep turning the machine off in my sleep and not turning it back on because  I will wake up, and look at the info on the machine to see how many events I had, leaks, and the number of hours I have used it the machine during the night and a few times I've seen some small number like 2 hours when I've been in bed for 6 hours.  I remember turning it off for bathroom breaks, and to adjust my mask but remember turning it back on each time.  In addition to worrying about my sleep quality when I'm laying there geared up in a full face mask and no air, I also worry because as I'm sure most are very familiar with insurance rules and regulations, in order for my insurance to cover the cost of the machine,  I have to use the machine at least 6 hours a night for at least 21 out of 30 days of the month.  So, tonight I'm going to try the smart start function and hope it alleviates me having the capability of turning the machine off in my sleep.  I think I must do it when it gets up there to a forceful pressure because my ASV machine is set with some high auto pressures.
Post Reply Post Reply
You might like to start a new thread about your ASV, They are a machine that can get some getting use to. First tip is to exhale hard if the machine is rising the pressure too much as you go to sleep, this will help reset it back down.
There may be some stuff that can help you not turn it off. it would be frustrating having the machine on of 6hrs and only reading 2. If you are sure this is the reason, the only think I can think of is to put a shoe box over it with holes in, so you can't get to the switch easily.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 93 04-18-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,480 04-18-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  [CPAP] CPAP works, but at the same time doesn't AUniqueUsername 8 192 04-18-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Prisma Smart Max Revvysue 4 119 04-15-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Revvysue
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 145 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 27,037 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 145 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.