Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirSense 10 mask setting question
ResMed AirSense 10 mask setting question
Caveat- I admit to not fully understanding the need for different mask settings on the ResMed Air Sense 10 APAP which are pillows, full, nasal, so this question may be a bit odd, but here goes:

I am trying the new ResMed Airfit F30i mask (so far pleased) after long usage of ResMed AirFit N30i nasal cushion (very happy).

Question:  considering the Airfit F 30i sits under the nose just like the Airfit N 30i with the additional mouth covering - should the ResMed AirSense 10 setting be on Nasal or full face?

And really - what affect do these settings on the ResMed unit, pillow, full, nasal, really change?

Hope everyone is safe for COVID 19 and appreciate any clarification on a question that has vexed me for a while.

Thanks and stay safe from COVID 19
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 mask setting question
According to F30i User guide (page 7), "Mask setting options for AirSense or AirCurve: Select ‘Full Face'.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2020, 08:41 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: According to F30i User guide (page 7), "Mask setting options for AirSense or AirCurve: Select ‘Full Face'.
Okay   Thank you, I assumed that and set it for full face after trying it at previous nasal setting.

Not certain what changes since I did not see any change to pressures or any other statistic.

But Full setting it is.

Thanks Again
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe that the setting has to do with volumetric capacity of each mask style.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-19-2020, 04:23 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I believe that the setting has to do with volumetric capacity of each mask style.
Had not considered volume rather makes sense  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,805 2 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 417 4 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 151 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 616 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,612 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,799 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.