Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirSense 10 whines
ResMed AirSense 10 whines
My AirSense 10 started making this whining noise last night. Am I in need of a replacement? I changed the filter, wiped the silicone inside the machine, to no avail.
My husband and I couldn't sleep because it was making such a racket, so I took it off.
Obviously someone else had the same problem I did because he captured it and put it on YouTube. I just can't find his post.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirSense 10 whines
Hi greensled,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
How long have you had this machine? If it still under warranty, you might get in touch with the place where you got it and let them know what is going on.
Hang in there for suggestions and answers to your questions, good luck to you with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi!

I'm new to the board and came here seeking help for the  same problem.  I've had my Airsense 10 CPAP for over two years so it is out of warranty.  The CPAP has always been very quiet and then, suddenly, it started whining.  To be clear, it is the CPAP that started whining, not the mask.  Changed tube, filter, removed any water I found, cleaned the humidifier to no avail.

I will contact the dealer where I bought it but was hoping someone on the board might have had the problem and there was a solution (other than replace).

Thanks,

Rob.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, in my case, the motor was shot and the CPAP was replaced.

Rob.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-26-2018, 04:25 PM)bubbaDad Wrote: Ok, in my case, the motor was shot and the CPAP was replaced.

Rob.

Hi BubbaDad, welcome to the forum.
Trust you have a nice quiet nights now.   Smile
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I solved the problem by buying a pack of 3/8" thick foam pads (XCEL Value Pack Rubber Foam Non Slip Furniture Pads, Craft Foam, Cushion Foam, Acoustic Foam Studio Squares 6 in x 6 in x 3/8 in, Made in USA (8 Pack) from amazon and placing 2 pads thick under the machine. They isolated the noise and now I can't hear anything. It worked like a champ. I'm sure a person can find the equivalent elsewhere if necessary. No noise = better sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had the same issue recently and Resmed repaired it for free, even though it was out of warranty.

They changed the pneumatic block (core of the machine).
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a known issue with the current models of ResMed machines starting to make a noise. I don't think it was a wide-spread problem, and has since been fixed, I think. I've had mine for 3-4 years and it has never made a noise. Maybe if people started posting the model and serial numbers of the noisy machines we might be able to nail it down to a specific sequence of serial numbers or dates.

The other thing is that ozone type cleansers have been known to cause problems, and ResMed did announce that use of an ozone cleaner invalidates the warranty.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Check the humidifier seal and double-check whether the machine is set for the hose you have. Those are both long shots. This is something people complain about with the occasional ResMed machine, and you will have a good chance of getting yours replaced if it is under warranty. Be sure to mention that it is bothering your husband so much that you can't use the machine. That kind of validation of your perception will carry weight, I suspect. I hope you get a new machine that is as quiet as it should be!
Post Reply Post Reply
The humidifier can leak audibly if it is not fully seated. I’ve had that happen several times. A firm push will fix it.

My backup Aircurve Vauto whines a bit even though the hours are low. I discovered this while traveling a few months ago. My temporary solution was to put it on the floor with a pillow on top of it. I bought it used, so I will need to get the pneumatic block replaced when I have some spare cash.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 6 477 8 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 24,936 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 67 25,337 03-10-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: mikekowalski
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 182 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,022 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 183 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  F&P SleepStyle or ResMed AirSense 10 Tampa Jim 5 360 03-04-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: Tampa Jim

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.