Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirSense 11 vs DreamStation 2
RE: ResMed AirSense 11 vs DreamStation 2
@Sleeper396 Thank you for your perspective! What didn’t you like with the DreamStation 2? Was there a feature not working well or the pressure not good?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2022, 07:07 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: .....The AS11 uses the same power supply as the AirMini, 65W, whereas the AS10 uses a 90w supply.  To me, this means they had to lighten up the internals to drop 25 watts....

Out of curiosity, is the 65W power brick much smaller/lighter than the 90W?  

I was previously using both the Dreamstation Go and the Airsense 10, depending whether or not I was on the road.  I too get better results with Resmed's algorithm and will stick with Resmed for my next replacement.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-01-2022, 03:13 PM)Sleeper396 Wrote: I own both a ResMed AS 11 and a ResMed AS 10.  I previously used the DreamStation 2, but returned that to my DME.  So, having used all three, I too prefer ResMed, but I do not agree that the 10 is a better choice if you can get the AS 11 today.  The old user interface of the 10 has been improved greatly with the 11. If you can move away from the older hardware of the 10 (albeit a workhorse and great machine), why wouldn't you want to move into the year 2022? The AS 11 seems to do everything that the AS 10 does, but in a much slicker package. Using both devices, I prefer the AS 11. I'm certain that supply issues are temporary.
I agree. I used the AS 10 for a one-week test drive, and now own the AS 11. I like the touchscreen interface and I think the AS 11 is much more attractively designed. It is also a little bit smaller and lighter - better for travel. Mine seems quite sturdy and I have had no trouble getting supplies from my DME - filters, heated hose, etc. I haven't yet sought a replacement humidifier.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree the AS11 interface is nice, though some common things (like turning on preheat) take more steps than I’d like.

The difficulty with judging durability of the AS11 is that it is so new.  Nobody can yet characterize its durability, while there are lots of AS10’s with tens of thousands of hours runtime.

Looking at tear downs of AS10 and AS11, one thing that concerned me is the lighter, smaller components like the motor.  That doesn’t necessarily mean less durability - only time will tell.

Since I have the AS11, I certainly hope it proves to be as reliable and durable as the AS10.  But that’s really unknown right now.  I’ll also feel a lot more comfortable with my AS11 when parts/supplies are more readily available.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought an auto-set AS 11, when the DreamStation 1 recall was announced and love it.  I recently received an auto DreamStation 2 as a recall replacement for my DS 1 and have only one complaint - the Auto-On/Off features can only be changed by a provider... for whatever insane reason.  Fortunately, the default settings are:  Auto-On is set to On, which is the most important to me, but Auto-Off is set to Off.  Other than that, both auto versions of the machines function favorably and similarly.  

I have read a lot of negative reviews for the DS 2, but most are ridiculous - for example, a common complaint is that the humidifier tank pulls out from the rear and you have to leave room for that...  It's an absurd complaint, since the machine can sit with the humidifier facing the front, back or either side...  A lot of other complaints were equally frivolous and absurd...

I believe that masks are the most important factor and I use an AirFit P-10.  Also important and not usually mentioned, is nasal or sinus congestion during the night.  I make sure to clean my nose/sinuses before going to sleep and since I am subject to seasonal allergies, I take a Mucinex or Sudafed or Zyrtec before putting on my mask.  These precautionary things definitely make a difference in my quality of sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
The biggest reason not to get a DS2 is that Philips has actively tried to prevent you from accessing your own data.

And given their performance on the recall, you might not want to send them any business.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 82 Yesterday, 11:58 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,464 Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 139 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 27,011 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 136 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Switching from Dreamstation to Airsense 11 rorielly 8 1,088 04-01-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Swaggy
  DreamStation 2 vs ResMed S9 gonzalo 3 126 03-25-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: StratCat48

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.