Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirSense AutoSet 10 powercord
ResMed AirSense AutoSet 10 powercord
Okay, so now a few times, the screen on my machine will say something to the effect of......The power cord has detached or is not fully plugged in. 

Those aren't the exact words, but close. Each time, I reach behind the machine and push on the power cord to make sure it's secure. As of yet, I can't tell that it has been loose. I even check the plug going into the wall socket. 

This has happened now, often enough, to make me wonder what's going on with it. Anyone else experience this?  Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirSense AutoSet 10 powercord
If no actual connector problem, the message means that at some time in the recent past there has been a power outrage, oops I mean outage, possibly a momentary one or possibly only a brownout.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-03-2018, 03:37 PM)Fats Drywaller Wrote: If no actual connector problem, the message means that at some time in the recent past there has been a power outrage, oops I mean outage, possibly a momentary one or possibly only a brownout.

The most recent one happened just last night, as I was removing the water reservoir. No power outage of any kind. I thought that maybe one of my fingers had hit the on/off switch and somehow prompted the message. 

I checked the power cord to the back of the machine. All seemed to be okay. It took me a moment or two to get the message off the screen and back to normal. 

Once all was back to normal, I got masked up and went to sleep w/o incident.  Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
I have also seen this happen to me many times.  Also noticed it when I have removed the water chamber.  I don't think it's a problem,just a little sensitivity  issue with the power cord.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-03-2018, 03:51 PM)yankees123 Wrote: I have also seen this happen to me many times.  Also noticed it when I have removed the water chamber.  I don't think it's a problem,just a little sensitivity  issue with the power cord.

Thanks for the response. I didn't think it was anything serious. I was curious though, if others had it happen to them as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, it looks like the water-tank thing explains it also, thanks for that information. I know it has happened here a couple of times after power failures, but I didn't know about the tank glitch.
Post Reply Post Reply
It happened to me once recently, but unfortunately I can't recall the circumstances.  I believe I was just reorienting the machine, and also the hose draped over it.  I got the same message, and pressed the male end home.  That solved the problem.

In view of the question and the various responses, I believe this is a design or QA problem.  It's one thing for a power failure or other alteration of its state to show a warning, although I wonder at the suitability of this particular warning if that's what it will use to indicate a power outage (????), but it is quite another for the male end of the power cord to withdraw enough during unit movement that the power is cut. That won't happen with a lamp, a clock radio, or any other household item that needs to be lifted or moved temporarily.  I can lift my monitor or tower to dust...I don't need to worry about the power cord detaching from the back receptacle.  When I use my blood pressure cuff, and move the machine and the hose-with-sensor wires, the machine works as soon as I press the start button.
Post Reply Post Reply
A few weeks  ago I had a message on my ResMed AS 10 AutoSet, but the AutoStart feature kicked in and I didn't get a chance to read it.

I turned it off, and back on, the message flashed only briefly, and I could not get a change to read it properly, but did manage to see the words power cord. I reseated the cord.

I woke up in the night to use the bathroom, when I got back to my machine, there it was on the screen again. I reseated the chord into the device, power brick, unplugged it for a 10 count, plugged it back into the wall ensuring it was seated properly.

Haven't seen the message since.

Coincidently, the humidifier hardly used any water. I can't hep but think that while the machine was on and being used, it had turned off the humidifier.

I've googled the net trying to find the message, but haven't been able to. Should it happen again, I'll take a pic so I can search the exact message.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've looked into the water reservoir cavity and there aren't any electrical contacts of any kind, from what I can see. 

I'm kind of thinking that the power cord plug-in to the back of the machine is just overly sensitive and movement at times, can set it off, ending up with a message sent to the screen. 

Anyways, at least now I know that others too, experience this issue.  Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
It sounds like it's not the water tank as such, but moving the machine and putting some strain on the (flaky) power connector. Maybe Resmed will fix that in generation 11. They must have had reports of it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 0 23 1 hour ago
Last Post: Rickyricardo
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,409 2 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Question [Equipment] What Is Autoset (ResMed) 10 and Can It Be Disabled? Rickyricardo 2 54 5 hours ago
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 131 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 26,964 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 134 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] ResMed Autoset 11 Settings Optimization anker9000 0 133 04-02-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: anker9000

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.