Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AirSense S10 Data -- What's the best way to obtain it?
Question 
ResMed AirSense S10 Data -- What's the best way to obtain it?
Hi everyone! I'm a newbie here. I was wondering which software is better for understanding my sleep data (OSCAR vs ResScan)? It looks like no one uses SleepyHead anymore.

I installed both programs, but I'm not sure where to grab my info. I'm assuming since my PAP machine (ResMed AirSense S10 AutoSet) didn't come with an SD memory card, that I need to either buy one or request the data from the doc/vendor? The DME vendor said if I emailed him every month to request my data, he could send it to me. Is there something specific I should ask for (ie file type, specific metrics)? It's a shame this info isn't automatically provided to patients as well as their docs.

Do people prefer using their own SD card or getting the data emailed from their doctor/DME vendor? I looked over the OSCAR wiki page and the ResScan manuals, but didn't see any info regarding obtaining data (or how to import data if it's not on an SD card).

Right now, I'm using myAir app and the PAP machine's display (sleep report) to view my data and it's a joke. I can download some info from myAir, but it's just a graph for the past 30days. Some data aren't even included -- and these are included in the app charts/graphs. I have to screenshot each chart (usage, seal, events, etc) and the view isn't customizable (ie date range). It's ridiculous how little info ResMed provides patients.

Appreciate any advice on best way to obtain my sleep data and best format for it. ResMed says to use their special SD cards for the PAP machine, but I'm assuming I can just buy any only SD card and use it (so long as I "lock" it to prevent rewriting data). Appreciate any insight you guys can provide. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AirSense S10 Data -- What's the best way to obtain it?
You will not see timely data unless you use an SD Card, any SD card between 4 and 32GB will work. You do not need to lock the SD card with your machine.
OSCAR is much easier to understand. It will provide details down to a breath by breath level that you would be unlikely to see from your DME as you are likely to get something similar to what MyAir provides.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-06-2020, 03:08 PM)bonjour Wrote: You will not see timely data unless you use an SD Card,  any SD card between 4 and 32GB will work.  You do not need to lock the SD card with your machine.
OSCAR is much easier to understand.  It will provide details down to a breath by breath level that you would be unlikely to see from your DME as you are likely to get something similar to what MyAir provides.
Thanks, @bonjour! Apologies for the confusion - you're right; I meant the SD card should be UNlocked. I'll edit my post.

It sounds like I'll need to UNlock the SD card when it's in my PAP machine, then LOCK it when importing data, and then UNlock the SD card before loading it back into the PAP machine:
Quote:WARNING: It's wise to make sure the card is locked if you are using a Mac or a Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 machine since these operating systems will write hidden files to unlocked cards. And the ResMed S9 machines will reject SD cards with any extra files written on them. See Secure Digital (SD) memory card for instructions on locking a card.1

You will need to have the card in the Write Enabled (unlocked) condition while it is in the S9 and Write Protected (locked) prior to inserting it into your computer.2 

The wiki references the S9 machine, but I'm wondering if unlocking/locking rules also apply for the S10 AutoSet?

I hope the DME vendor has access to more data (ie whatever gets logged into AirView) since I haven't been using an SD card for the past 2wks...

I read on the wiki page that "using a larger card will not store more OSCAR data. Do not exceed 32 GB or the machine may not be able to use the card."3 Is this actually true? Wasn't sure when this info was updated. Was going to see if I had an old SD card lying around. If not, I was hoping to buy an SD card with larger capacity, like 128 GB or 1 TB.

I assume that when an SD card is inserted into the PAP machine, data is recorded in *both* the AirView (cloud) and on the SD card (physical)?

Appreciate your guidance!

1  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Running_OSCAR_for_the_first_time
2  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Secure_Digital_(SD)_memory_card#Prevent_System_Files_From_Being_Written_to_SD_Card
3  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...With_OSCAR
Post Reply Post Reply
Locking does not apply to your machine, it is not an S9. Always leave it unlocked is OK.
Post Reply Post Reply
there are actually 3 sets of data on a Resmed.

Summary which goes both to SD card and OTA to ResMed
Low Res Data that goes OTA to ResMed then to your Doc or DME
High Res data that only goes to the SD card and this, and the above summary data is what OSCAR uses
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-06-2020, 07:17 PM)bonjour Wrote: Locking does not apply to your machine, it is not an S9.  Always leave it unlocked is OK.

@bonjour - thanks for this info!
Post Reply Post Reply
The extra large cards require a different file format which the AirSense 10 can't handle. The best choice is an 8 GB to 32 GB standard size SD card. They originally came with 2GB cards, which could hold about a year an a half of data. I've been using an 8 GB card since November 2016, and it is less than half full.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks, @pholynyk! i guess bigger isn't always better lol
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the above posts. I am new at this. I have been using my AirSense 10 machine for about 2 weeks now. After about a week, I discovered that I could inset an SD Card in my machine and read my data with OSCAR. I have been doing this every morning after turning the machine off. All I have been getting are the AHI numbers and machine settings in the left panel with the message, “There is no data to graph. Summary Only”

Yesterday afternoon, before trying out a new mask, I inserted the card BEFORE I turned the machine on. After about an hour, I turned the machine off and inserted the card in my laptop and I had all kinds of data in the main screen. Wow, that was pretty cool. So, last night before bed I inserted the card in my machine and went to bed expecting a full night’s worth of data. But the only data I had was my short nap from yesterday afternoon, nothing from last night.

I was using a 1GB card, but now have a 4 GB card that I will use tonight

I saw this in OSCAR’s preferences section:  “OSCAR’s advanced session splitting capabilities are not possible with ResMed machines . . .” Does this have anything to do with my problem?

Can someone explain this or give me guidance. I would really like to see my nightly data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi letsrun100!  -  Welcome

Your SD card should always remain inserted in your AS10 and only removed to read its data.  The AS10 required that an SD card be present to record the detailed sleep data.  If you forget to have it inserted during a sleep session, then only summary information will be available.  A 1Gb card is fine, just don't use any card above 32Gb in size.  

OSCAR only allows one import of data per a 24-hour day.  For a Resmed, a day is from noon to noon.  If you import a nap session from that afternoon, then you won't be able to see any further data for that period without purging the current day's data then re-import it again.  To purge a day's data; Go to the day you wish to purge in the Daily Screen, then select Data ⇾ Advanced ⇾ Purge Current Selected Day from the menus at the top.  Now, you can import back in the data for that day and it should all be there.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 68 2 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset help Pawpri 3 107 03-25-2024, 04:22 PM
Last Post: AlannaSantos
  Transferring old SD data to new Resmed Vauto SD Mal777 15 749 03-21-2024, 10:48 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,324 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Getting message "Your Resmed CPAP machine has not been tested yet". It's AirSense 11. PurpleOx 32 4,282 03-07-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 286 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.