Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Aircurve 10 ASV [Need help]
RE: ResMed Aircurve 10 ASV [Need help]
I think it's a great idea to see if the settings make a difference but I don't want to get your expectations overly high until we see what a soft collar can add to the mix. I think you will be surprised. Don't let the kitties sleep on your face, it makes me sneeze...except with CPAP, in which case it just fluffs their fur.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Dr. Dakota Stop Snore collar is ordered and will be here Monday!!
I am very hopeful with this!!
Thanks a million!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome and Coffee shop.

Sleeprider knows best so you're already on the right track. I saw that you're getting the collar so that's a great step too.

Unless I missed it, what is the setting for ramp (if you're using it)? Ramp and ASV were not a good mix for me.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello debnfurkids!

Yes! Please keep posting charts nightly, especially if you are making changes to settings. By doing so, you enable a progressive report on your therapy and the advice will keep progressing, getting you closer to your goal of a good nights sleep.

It seems that you have a positive attitude about therapy and that is an ace in the hole. Attitude makes a huge difference and by carrying your enthusiasm during this journey, if it gets tough or tiresome, you will have that positive energy to keep you motivated to continue therapy. Carry on!
Jesse

Post Reply Post Reply
debnfurkids, shame on me, I didn't look at the data, just got excited with your success getting SH up and running, and posting a chart so well.   like

I don't speak for Sleeprider (in fact, I'm surprised that the Admins haven't gagged me yet!), but I think he meant that your partner is your ASV.

On a different topic, he (Sleeprider) is so allergic to cat dander that you shouldn't pet them when the wind is blowing toward PA.   Dielaughing

Can hardly wait for Tuesday's report on the collar report!   Banana
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-24-2018, 11:04 AM)When I re-read Sleepyriders post, I realized then he was speaking about my machine...Yep, I\m Goofy! lol. I am really excited about the collar, I think it's going to make a world of difference. I remember back when I was going to the sleep doctor trying different masks, I told him I had put a small rolled up towel underneath my chin to keep it from tucking underneath, he didn't like that idea, so I stopped, and I never thought about using a collar. So when Sleepyrider suggested I try one, I jumped over to Amazon and ordered it right away, even had it in my favorite color, red! Woot Woot Wrote: So that's why I am very hopeful about the collar.

I will try to keep the dander from going towards PA, but with 3 of the furry ones, it's really doubtful..lol. Greyson, my oldest has long gray hair, so if you see long gray hair going towards PA, I DIDN'T DO IT.
hehe

I think I am going to wait until Monday night to try the machine again, I think without the collar it's hopeless.

Thanks for the encouragment about the SH software. I love doing stuff on the computer, I am sure that is why I was able to get it up and running easily. I was surprised it was so easy if one follows the instructions, step by step. I had tried to use it previously, but had no success.  

I can't wait for Monday night either. One more sleep and wake up and it'll be here!! YIPPEE!

Thanks again for your help Shaun!! Thanks

ShaunBlakedebnfurkids, shame on me, I didn't look at the data, just got excited with your success getting SH up and running, and posting a chart so well.   like

I don't speak for Sleeprider (in fact, I'm surprised that the Admins haven't gagged me yet!), but I think he meant that your partner is your ASV.

On a different topic, he (Sleeprider) is so allergic to cat dander that you shouldn't pet them when the wind is blowing toward PA.   Dielaughing

Can hardly wait for Tuesday's report on the collar report!   Banana
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2018, 07:30 PM)Hi Dave! Ramp is set to 30 minutes. I\ve tried not using it, using it, it didn't seem make a difference for me. I've never been able to get used to wearing the mask. I do believe the collar will keep my flapping mouth, even during sleep, closed...miracles never cease...hahahaI am wondering why the ramp isn't a good idea? I was told that once I was used to wearing the mask I could turn it off. If I should turn it off, I certainly will. Thanks for the feedback!! SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Welcome and Coffee shop.

Sleeprider knows best so you're already on the right track. I saw that you're getting the collar so that's a great step too.

Unless I missed it, what is the setting for ramp (if you're using it)? Ramp and ASV were not a good mix for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
debnfurkids, You're quite welcome. OK IMO ramp can be handled however you wish then. Sounds like it has little effect on your sleep therapy. Focus on the collar then.

On the mask: helpful thing I did, wear mask and machine on if possible while sitting doing computer surfing or actual work, while reading, etc. This helps you to get used to the octopus being strapped onto your face. It helps with adjusting to the ASV also. Just try it for a few minutes and work up to longer attempts. And while doing that, make some mask adjustments to see if it helps. Best mask adjusting is while lying down, but it's not going to hurt to at least try some adjusting while sitting and getting used to the equipment.

Best to successes on this process. Trust me on this, given a short amount of time, one of our gurus will give out some hint or some piece of advice and this therapy will become great. FWIW as a fellow ASV user, it does (as all CPAP does actually) takes a bit of time to get all the ducks in a row to get it working well. Between mask and mask fit, machine choices and pressure settings then comes humidity settings as well, it can be overwhelming. But if I can be an example of how well it will become, so be it. Once I got the ASV I had a few weeks of mask fit giving fits. After that no issues. Had AHI of 70+ and down to a near ZERO constantly now. Stick with it and this will click in place soon.

Suggesting you try a special blend Apnea Board high test coffee while you wait on ASV to help sleeping become better. lots-o-coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good afternoon! So I got the collar and I used it! I woke up after two hours, but NOT from my mask leaking..WOOT WOOT! First thing I did was take it off and use the bathroom. My face was a little sweaty, so I'll point the fan more towards me. I went back to bed, and fell back asleep before I could put it on! I know I don't need to take it off, and tonight I will strive to leave it on. Oh was I upset with myself when I awoke again!!  So at this wake I put it back on and got 2 more hours of sleep, so there is 4 1/2 hours of sleep data. During first two hours of sleep I had 2 pillows under me, the last 2.5 I had only 1 pillow. I felt more comfortable with 1, so that's settled. The mask did 'fart' but it wasn't the fart of the past, that I couldn't stop, I was able to readjust and go right back to sleep. I do expect that the mask will leak now & then. I LOVE THE COLLAR! I knew it would help me. I also didn't use the ramp feature.

The apneas are not good. 8.9 is terrible. I know it needs to be under 5, and with this groups support, I'm hoping to get there. I also have a memory foam mask that is unused. Should I try that one tonight? Right now I have the Infinity seal on the machine. Or should we try to get the apneas lower then maybe try the memory foam?

I look forward to everyone's responses. I want so badly to take care of the apnea problem. I am quickly growing fond of you and this group. Hopefully one day I will be experienced and be able to pipe in, and I will!

Thanks a million!!     Thanks
Deb
Post Reply Post Reply
And I will remember to post back 'below' the quote line, not above. Lot's of info, and I totally blew that one. Oh dear. Please forgive me, and I'll remember below from now on. Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 293 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,492 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 201 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,231 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,347 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.