Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AireSence Autoset 10 Humidifier
ResMed AireSence Autoset 10 Humidifier
My ResMed AireSence Autoset 10 Humidifier, use to work on Setting 4, I use to see condensation on the water tank in the AM's. for the past couple of day in the AM's the heating element has been ice cold, the only water that has been used is due to Passover from the Air flow.
I took the unit back to my DPME seller and they said that if the Humidity in the Room is up then the unit will not heat just turn up the Humidifier setting to a higher number. I don't want to turn it up to a higher setting , I want to use the setting I have always use which is 4. It use to heat at this setting now it doesn't. Plus a higher Humidifier setting I get wash-out.

Has any body experienced this? I think the DPME seller just don't want to send the unit back to have it checked out, just trying to puul the wool over my eyes.

Any ideas or comments greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AireSence Autoset 10 Humidifier
(08-12-2015, 10:02 AM)Rodney Wrote: My ResMed AireSence Autoset 10 Humidifier, use to work on Setting 4, I use to see condensation on the water tank in the AM's. for the past couple of day in the AM's the heating element has been ice cold, the only water that has been used is due to Passover from the Air flow.
I took the unit back to my DPME seller and they said that if the Humidity in the Room is up then the unit will not heat just turn up the Humidifier setting to a higher number. I don't want to turn it up to a higher setting , I want to use the setting I have always use which is 4. It use to heat at this setting now it doesn't. Plus a higher Humidifier setting I get wash-out.

Has any body experienced this? I think the DPME seller just don't want to send the unit back to have it checked out, just trying to puul the wool over my eyes.

Any ideas or comments greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Hey Rodney. These humidifiers have a humidity sensor in them. If the humidity in the room has moved up and is higher than the humidity setting you have it set for, then the humidifier will NOT add any more water to the blowing air. That's likely why it's not using any water in its tank, unless it is malfunctioning. The room air that you breath through your machine may well be more moist than previously.

So if you want to test your humidifier, do what you've been advised and "call their bluff" and/OR find out if they're right. If they are right and you turn WAY up the humidifier setting just for this test, the humidifier will use water in the tank. If it doesn't use water, then the humidifier is probably broken. Either way you will find out what's what. Make sense as a test?

Best, --Papit
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the DME is jacking you around, Rodney. (I hate DME's too. Always glad to take your money but
the second you have an issue, they perceive you as a liability. They hire stupid people too.
I was told by one that I had to unplug the unit during the day or mold would grow in it.
Really? Tongue )

I digress:
So, why do I say such? Because an electronic and accurate humidistat (humidity control with sensor)
(consumer grade devices are notoriously squirrelly)
to do what they SAY in your CPAP would cost as much as the machine itself and I KNOW
they wouldn't implement anything like that.

Papit's advise is good.
Run that test on it. If it's still dead cold, take it back for repair/replacement.
It would be warm/hot in just a couple minutes.

Cheers & good luck!

Smile
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Go into my options, down near the bottom of that menu, maybe two from bottom is "Run Warmup" .......select it so the machine is in warmup cycle.......observe the screen for the proper warm up indications, then after about five minutes take out the humidifier tub and feel for heat in your heat plate. Probably the quickest way to see if it's working.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-13-2015, 05:07 AM)Shastzi Wrote: I think the DME is jacking you around, Rodney. (I hate DME's too. Always glad to take your money

What a shame, this seems to be common with DME's. My DME Carlos is awesome! He called 4 times in the first two weeks of treatment just to check on me and even provides his personal cell phone number to his patients although he won't answer between 9pm and 7am, duh.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 417 4 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 110 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 472 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 216 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 768 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Grin [Equipment] JOY! I've been swapped to a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (from a SEFAM S.Box) dbcpap 9 1,240 02-12-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.