Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Paula's - Therapy Thread
RE: Paula's - Therapy Thread
Interesting. I'm not going to worry about it because it's never happened before. I'm surprised, though, that if I were opening my mouth that my husband didn't wake me to complain about the whooshing sound.
Paula

"If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started I was desperately wishing to be where I am now."
Post Reply Post Reply
There wouldn't be any whooshing sound, not any more than a normal breath exhaled through your mouth. The machine isn't reporting any leaks, just that air came in your nose and somehow disappeared, but we know the most likely explanation is that it went out your mouth.
Look, I'm an engineer, not a doctor! Please don't take my opinion as a substitute for medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
There's terrible whooshing any time I open my mouth. Is that not normal?
Paula

"If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started I was desperately wishing to be where I am now."
Post Reply Post Reply
I get that expiratory pattern fairly often. I'm never aware of it. It's expiratory mouth breathing. My leaks are reasonable, but apparently I sometimes exhale orally.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So what is it exactly that you see there that tells you that?
Paula

Post Reply Post Reply
So I had a cold and couldn't use my CPAP and now I'm having a hard time trying to get back to it. The freedom of sleeping with nothing attached to my face was pretty great. And I noticed that my VivoSmart reported that I got more deep sleep without the machine.
Paula

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Second attemp at therapy Jonkier 6 132 1 hour ago
Last Post: Jay51
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 76 1,616 1 hour ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 81 1,538 3 hours ago
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 41 1,257 Yesterday, 10:30 PM
  [Treatment] The Fox's Therapy Thread (plus help with Dad) The Fox 3 82 Yesterday, 10:09 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 3 186 04-22-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: joedes
  LongDaysPleasantNights' Therapy Thread LongDaysPleasantNights 4 127 04-21-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.