Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Airfit P10 Pillows
ResMed Airfit P10 Pillows
Can anyone tell me the difference between a medium and a large set of pillows? I know that the hole size is larger but is there any other difference?

I am using the large size now and they seem to be a little wide. I am hoping the the medium size has the pillows a little bit closer together.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Airfit P10 Pillows
When I ordered the P10 the first time my DME sent me a starter kit that contained one of each size, you might ask about that. I checked and it appears the S, M, and L and both size and spacing different - ie. S is the smallest pillows and closest pillows.

Also, be careful going to smaller sizes with the P10, the pillow is supposed to sit on the outside of the nostril and not go inside. Many report soreness and irritation when the pillow is inserted inside the nostril. The idea is for the silicone seal to inflate and act like a "pillow" on the outside of the nostril sealing it from leaking. If you have to use a smaller size for spacing and it does result in irritation, you can get some lanolin cream from a pharmacy in the breast feeding area - it is used to treat sore nipples and works well, a tube will last you a life time - a little goes a LONG way.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi HL649,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
BTW,

Should you choose to continue on with the "P-10's", you can search on the internet to find various sizes available for sometimes reasonable prices.

It seems Smalls and Mediums are available frequently, but the large's seem to be rarely posted.

I've not ordered any there, I have a medium and a small I'll never use, still in the bloody starter box... and if there were someone that wanted them I'd be happy to send em' along....

The O'l boy upstairs says we're supposed to help each other y'know?
Warning: Eating chocolate may cause your clothes to shrink!
[Image: ry6XtE9.gif] <---- That's ME!
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been thinking of getting a medium and see if it fits any better. I have been using the P10 since it came out and really like the setup. I have used small, medium, and large. Presently using large and can't remember how the smaller sizes fit.
Post Reply Post Reply
I too have experimented with the different size pillows and still not sure which size I should stay with. The medium seems to physically rest on my nose best with the least leaks but the smaller hole is harder to get air in. The large leaks more but is more comfortable breathing. I keep both in stock as both are acceptable, just not sure which is best yet.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello to all of you,

Thank you for the lanoline tip! I find that it slove the itching issue I have with my mask.
I have the SX small pillows and I ask my RT to give me the other ones, still wainthing for a response...

Thank you all for your good info!Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 20 1,460 03-17-2024, 06:47 PM
Last Post: mecutl3r
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,786 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 348 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,541 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 268 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 366 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 947 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.