Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI TREATED OR NOT?
RE: AHI TREATED OR NOT?
Sleeprider,

He is on bilevel therapy with his Aircurve 10 Vauto set at 4-15 PS 4.

fiur,

I would set your min EPAP to 8 and your max IPAP to 18. Check your data to make sure that CAs are not increasing and that OAs are somewhat lower. You may need to adjust for more pressure later. Do not rush it.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Payton...missed it, and I agree, increase EPAP min by a lot. We can see that 15/11 isn't going to cut it, so 12/8 to 18-14 might help, but is till under the failed pressure. I think the max IPAP might need to go higher. I agree with EPAP min 8.0, and PS-4, but think I'd open up IPAP max to 20.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your reply. I will be meeting with my sleep doctor in the middle of October and will bring these stats to him for advice, taking your into account too.
thanks for all your advice. I'm leaning to setting it above 15 max too, and see if it will help. Will be seeing doc in October and will bring my stats too.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One machine says I'm treated, another suggests I'm not shawsg 5 182 03-10-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can Palatal Prolapse be treated with CPAP Motomom 40 9,974 08-21-2023, 08:30 PM
Last Post: aquamike
  Did your liver and kidney function improve after being treated on CPAP? theredheadsaid 5 755 09-27-2022, 01:24 PM
Last Post: KeepSmiling
  [Diagnosis] New Guy Needs a review - Treated but untreated. Madapples 21 2,382 08-19-2021, 08:07 AM
Last Post: Madapples
  ASV - How to know if UARS is treated? IUsedToSnore 2 1,281 05-28-2021, 02:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How are same-day split sessions treated for compliance fredkahan 3 1,010 09-28-2020, 01:11 PM
Last Post: fredkahan
  Technically Treated - To my core Tired Geologeek 63 5,792 03-29-2020, 04:16 PM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.