Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Airfit P10
RE: ResMed Airfit P10
I went from large down to small because the small reduced my AHI -- maybe a point.

As my small pillows wore out, my AHI crept up, most of that point.

My (first) new set of small pillow replacements arrived this week, and my AHI is back down (that same point.)

Though I am big guy (with an average nose for a big guy), I will continue using the smalls, but can switch to any of the 3 sizes without undue ill effect.

Yeah, I know, mine is a "Charmed CPAP Life". Smile Smile Smile
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the feedback.

I switched back to the Swift for a few days while I was on the job, but now that the weekend is here, I'm going to try your suggestions one by one.

Paula, I checked my settings, and the EPR was set to "Full Time" but the level was set to "Off." I just had a nap with the P10 [I get up at 3:30 AM during the week, so nap time is crucial]. With the P10, I felt like I wasn't getting a full inhale and relax/reset feeling before the next inhalation. Is that what the EPR controls?
Meet you in the land of nod
- Johnny Mercer
Post Reply Post Reply
Thought I would follow up. I set the EPR to the highest setting [3?] and everything works like a charm. I guess the machine wasn't letting me exhale completely. I'm using the P10 and finding it much more stable than the FX. Thanks again for all the suggestions. I will experiment with the mask sizes on the weekend.
Cheers,
Scott
Meet you in the land of nod
- Johnny Mercer
Post Reply Post Reply
Also Scott, after a few days think about reducing your EPR to 2. How to make that decision? Well, I just reduced mine after a couple of months, and I like it better at 2. That says I can get done exhaling in 2 seconds rather than 3. ...and I do that, so 2 is more comfortable.

But try it at your current setting for awhile first so that you can tell the difference when you try it somewhere else.

Post Reply Post Reply
The EPR settings 1,2,&3 are cm H2O decreases at the start of exhale. I don't remember seeing the breathing patterns for the s9 with the various EPR settings, but you should try the various settings to see what is most comfortable and gives you the best sleep. I found with the S9, 1 was best for me, but like with everything with cpap, it is very individual, and different manufacturers have different ways of providing relief on exhale.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-11-2014, 01:20 AM)Sleepyb Wrote: The EPR settings 1,2,&3 are cm H2O decreases at the start of exhale. I don't remember seeing the breathing patterns for the s9 with the various EPR settings, but you should try the various settings to see what is most comfortable and gives you the best sleep. I found with the S9, 1 was best for me, but like with everything with cpap, it is very individual, and different manufacturers have different ways of providing relief on exhale.

You're right of course. I knew that. But my brain checked out awhile and I ended up thinking it was a "so many seconds" thing. Must have been caused by some sort of Texan Global Warming thing........

But the message is the same: Before I knew about EPR, I was happy without it. Then I turned my machine on EPR 3, and I was even happier. Then when I dropped back to 2, it was sort of if my body and my machine just synced together in a beautiful rhythm. The machine and I are one.....

Thanks for the wakeup call about the cm h20 thingy. That does mean pounds per square inch doesn't it?

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-12-2014, 08:32 PM)retired_guy Wrote: That does mean pounds per square inch doesn't it?

Tons per square yard!! Dielaughing

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Got my P10 today. Can't wait to try it out!!
Post Reply Post Reply
1 psi = 1296 p per square yard -- so it isn't that far away. 36 x 36 = 1296

1 ATM = 14.7 psi

1 ATM = 33 Feet of See Water (34 fresh)

20 cm ~ 8in or 2/3 feet

20cmH2O ~ 0.29 psi (or almost nothing)

These pressures really are low. (I might have made a mistake above but the numbers or close to correct)

20 cm =
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Just got my new Air fit P10 yesterday and it worked great. The nonadjustable strap needs some stretching for my big head but otherwise the vent system is very nice and quiet. Checked my data and only one CA event all night and almost no leaks at all. I can see why everyone likes it.
Good day all,
Doc J
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 46 2,976 1 hour ago
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,557 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,964 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 983 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 482 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.