Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Airfit P10
RE: ResMed Airfit P10
(06-13-2014, 05:51 PM)herbm Wrote: 1 ATM = 33 Feet of Sea Water (34 fresh)

OK, now I get it... That's why when I use the ATM machine it comes back with a message that says "Dude, your account is seriously under water."
Post Reply Post Reply
Really like the P10 last night. Fit was great and I didn't really have to worry about leaking or anything. Slept pretty sound most of the night, except for the darn animals waking me up!!! Thumbs up so far. I do like it better than the Nuance Pro, but that one isn't bad either. Of course these are my first two, but pretty good so far.
Post Reply Post Reply
That is great news Buckeydog, I hope it continues for you.
I love the P10. I went back to my Swift FX last week and only lasted one night, just.
It is certainly proving to be a popular mask.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. Good for night 2 as well. The medium fits perfect. I tried to move to the large and I had some leaks and just couldn't get it sealed very well. The swivel at the hose end doesn't work as well as the Nuance pro. If it gets a little twisted, I have to manually spin it. It is also a little more laborious to exhale, but I get used to it pretty quick. I love the way it fits though and stays in place.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-13-2014, 05:51 PM)herbm Wrote: 20cmH2O ~ 0.29 psi (or almost nothing)

Hi herbm,

Using the web page calculator below:

1 psi is about 70.3 cm H2O.

20 cm H2O = about 0.284 psi.

http://www.convertunits.com/from/Psi/to/Cm+h2o

Yes, 20 cm H2O is small. Way too small to blow up a common balloon. Way smaller than a normally strong cough.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
So small that I suspect almost every complaint about being "blown away" by "pressure" is really about LEAKS, either unintentional or in some few cases really bad mask design.

It's about the equivalent -- in reverse -- of having the midpoint of your lungs 8" under water and using a snorkel. Barely noticeable if at all.

We have almost no way to detect "pressure" -- we can detect PRESSURE DIFFERENCES, and the main symptom of a pressure difference in a mask is the whistling wind of a leak.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
No, it isn't about leaks. I don't see how it could be about leaks in this case.

It is about having that much pressure, even as small as it seems, being blown directly into one's face or nostrils. That is the difference.

When one lives a life of breathing against regular Earth air pressure, one finds it difficult to breathe against different air pressure. And, again, it's not air pressure like living in Nepal all one's life then moving to Phoenix. CPAP pressure is going directly into the nostrils or face. Big difference.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
You cannot (generally) feel "pressure" -- the air blowing in your face must be moving SOMEWHERE.

Wind is a sign of a pressure differential -- a relatively high one.

Track down where that 'wind' is going, and there is likely your leak.

Even if the 'leak' is just a badly designed mask.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
I think it's a global warming thing.........
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-16-2014, 09:45 AM)herbm Wrote: You cannot (generally) feel "pressure" -- the air blowing in your face must be moving SOMEWHERE.

Hi herbm,

I think most new CPAP users can definitely feel the pressure. And it can be the pressure itself they feel and have a problem with, not merely that the air is blowing/moving.

A common complaint is sore chest muscles the first couple days or weeks. But soon their chest muscles gain strength and the pressure itself (causing sore muscles) is no longer a problem.

Don't forget that there is a lot of surface area in our lungs, so a small fraction of 1 psi can still add up to a significant amount of force our chest muscles must work against.

The point in my earlier post was merely that the amount of pressure produced by a CPAP machine is not dangerous to our body. Blowing up a balloon (which some people may be unable to do because of weakness or some lung condition) requires higher pressures, and a normally strong cough produces much higher pressures.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30 current user, looking for alternatives KSMatthew 22 4,232 1 hour ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 52 3,300 6 hours ago
Last Post: psinderbrand
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,583 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,983 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 300 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 986 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.