Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Anyone use Mirage Liberty mask?
Anyone use Mirage Liberty mask?
Hi
I currently have a nasal pillow mask and I have a hard time falling asleep because its hard to breath. I prefer to mouth breath. the low is still set to 4 so perhaps that is an issue as well. I wanted to at least try a full mask to see how it feels and if I can sleep better. Im currently only using my machine about 1x a week which is a problem.

The Mirage Liberty looks to be a combo of a full mask and what I have now with pillows. Anyone have any reviews on this mask? pro's/con's. Or recommendation for a full mask. I've only had my machine for a month so Im still figuring out what is best for me.

Also. I tried to download the sleepy head software and clinicians manual and I was unable to. I just got word like documents instead of a program. Can anyone offer help? Thanks

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Anyone use Mirage Liberty mask?
In my initial trying out masks, I tried it, but it was my first use of nasal pillows. I felt like I was a balloon being inflated, and the pillows would not seal well. I may try it again, to see how it works with less pressure. The box seems to be wider than a regular full face mask, so you need to make sure it is comfortable, and seals well on sides. The blow out you get in eyes with FFM sometimes is not an issue. It was nice to be successful scratching your nose, too! Oh, I currently use Quattro FX, because adjusting forehead support on other FFM caused too much pressure on my nose bridge; my forehead slopes back pretty quickly. Wish I could get a gel mask to fit that particular setup.
Post Reply Post Reply
First, you'll never adjust if you don't use it. Doesn't matter what kind of mask you try or how fancy a machine you have. If you don't use it, you'll not acclimatize. So...get over that.

Second, I used the Liberty a long time ago and hated it. It was like being in a wind tunnel. I was already using nasal pillows and thought I needed something to help with my intense allergies. Between the chapped lips and face from just the two or so hours of use and the leaks, I chose to not use it again.

Third, I now am trying some other full face masks and have not had the same problem with face chapping as I did with the Liberty. Possibly because of the improvement in machines. Possibly because of the expanded space for the air to go. But more than likely just because of better mask design.

As for the software, the download link is at the top of every page. Follow the instructions on where to find it.

The manual is different. You should get an email with a link for how to download it. Follow the install directions EXACTLY. The instructions for how to get the clinician manual is found through the CPAP Setup Manuals link at the top of every page.

If you got anything different, please let us know if you got if from either of those two links.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Kind of an old thread but thought I'd add my experience. I like this mask. It fits well without the 'in your face' feel that a regular ffm gives you. Once you get the straps right. It has 4 straps to adjust. I tried another pillow only mask at titration but had issues with air escaping out my mouth even with a chin strap. Granted the strap wasn't the best. I find with higher pressures I have a difficult time keeping the pillows in place while preventing the mouth part from leaking. It does require more fiddling around with to get the mouth and pillows to work right. I may try a pillow only mask next month when my current mask is due to be replaced (if I wanted it).
Since my insurance is paying for it! Dielaughing dig dig dig.

I'd still use the Liberty on those days I have a blocked up nose.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mirage FX Vs Eson 2 mask jblkiller 0 467 07-27-2023, 10:04 AM
Last Post: jblkiller
  Mirage Quattro Question Jimnyc2000 0 477 07-03-2023, 09:59 PM
Last Post: Jimnyc2000
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,207 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Mirage FX mask: Wide or Standard HappyCpappySmile 0 557 08-24-2022, 11:38 PM
Last Post: HappyCpappySmile
  [Equipment] Thinking about trying Mirage Liberty kingpin 5 1,032 06-13-2022, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Sleepy Willy
Surprised Mirage Quatro Cushion cleaning Redorchid2404 7 869 04-12-2022, 06:52 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.