Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Airsense 10 Auto for Her - Advice Needed From Users
Flow Limitations Assessment / Resolutions for Waking Often
Can't seem to make my data profile on OSCAR small enough to post.  

However, I was able to look at a few things and hope someone can explain further this information. 

For the record, it appears that Flow Limitation is only posted when the DreamStation is set on Auto.  There is no Flow Limitation data listed when the machine was set on a fixed pressure.   I am curious as to why this is the case.  Also, when I was evaluated, did they assume I didn't need for my Flow Limitation to be addressed? (I am reading that some researchers/doctors have not considered Flow Limitation as a factor for therapy.) 

I recorded the numbers listed for the 11 days I have been on Auto, and it reports a range from 12-22 events of Flow Limitation, with an average being 16.6 events.  I didn't record the amount of time slept, but would average it to be around 6.5 -7 hours.

How does this number of events calculate against a normal range?  

I am still waking up several times each night...pretty much consistently every couple of hours.  When I changed to the Auto, it seemed to be better from the fixed pressure of 9 with respect to waking me up.  The machine has gone up as high as 12, but averages below that amount.   In the case of the fixed pressure, I was waking about every hour.   This is the major hurdle I need to conquer.  I need to figure out what is making me wake up and how to address it.  If anyone has experience in addressing this issue, I would appreciate it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Airsense 10 Auto for Her - Advice Needed From Users
Sleeprider, 

My average Flow Limitation as shown on the OSCAR results was 16.6 events. 
The range was from 12-22 per night. 
I did not actually take an average of hours of sleep, but estimate it to be between 6.5-7 hours. 

How do you interpret these results in relation to my current use of the DreamStation Auto AFlex system? 

Thanks
AmyGrace
Post Reply Post Reply
The machine only records and tracks flow limitations in auto mode. The flow limitations are used by the algorithm to predict when an apnoea is about to happen. In cpap mode the flow limitations are not recorded this is expected behaviour

Pressing F12 should get Sleepyhead to take a screenshot as a png Tharp is very small in size and will allow you to attach directly to a post, look at the info in my signature for further information
Post Reply Post Reply
I have both a DreamStation Auto and a ResMed 10 AutoSet Air Sense.

I have played with them both, and have figured out the settings that work best for my body.

Personally, the DreamStation gives me better rest, and I have better quality of life during my day. And the ResMed gives me better #s, but I don't feel as refreshed and able during the day. I believe it's because of ResMed's "aggressive" algorithm being too aggressive for my sensitive self. That has led me to wonder if the For Her might be good for me... such that if I ever get another ResMed, I'll get the For Her version, to give myself more options in treatment. Currently, when I use the ResMed (it's my travel machine), I use it on the "soft" setting, to try to be less aggressive and bothersome to my sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 6 469 4 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,959 348,916 Yesterday, 02:02 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 0 51 03-17-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 37 1,523 03-17-2024, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 24,929 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 97 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 54 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.