Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset Problems
RE: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset Problems
(09-20-2014, 01:45 PM)Lahanna44 Wrote: I am a current ResMed S9 cpap user,) 2 years at the same level. My pressure level is 8, my machine also has the humidity/heater which I use at a 5 humidity and 73 temp. I have been having issues at night with the use of my machine ( not sleeping well, restless legs, waking up with ears ringing, heart racing, dizzy etc. I made a visit to sleep doc and he recommended loaning me an Apap for a week to see how I would do ( thinking since I have a very small airway that I needed multi levels during the night ) and hopefully this would fix me up. ;) I picked up the loner Machine , a ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset with the pressure settings at 8-14 and Humidity at 5. I set up this machine last night and was excited to get a good nights sleep :dielaughing: Boy was I wrong ! I was awake more than I was asleep , all night !! Everytime the machine increased the pressure it woke me up ( due to the force of the air blowing out of my lips) and I spent several mins trying to get back to sleep. Also each time the pressure was increased , my nasal mask would start whistling around the hose connection ( geesh) and that drove me nuts :( I woke up enough a couple of times to check the pressure and It was at 10, then around 5:30 am I woke with my chest hurting, burping and had acid reflux, hose whistling and a feeling of having swallowed way to much air, checked the pressure and it was at 11.3
( OMG) So...... I got up and set my S9 back up and went off to a restful slumber for the next 3 hours. GEESH !!!!! Epic fail. I am supposed to use this loner machine until Wed and I cant even use it one full night. Cannot reach a tech at my supply office ( weekend) to get help with this newfangled machine. I JUST WANNA SLEEP PEACEFULLY :D

If air is coming out of your mouth you need a full face mask. The problem is not the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-10-2015, 11:46 AM)bigsleep Wrote:
(09-20-2014, 01:45 PM)Lahanna44 Wrote: So...... I got up and set my S9 back up and went off to a restful slumber for the next 3 hours. GEESH !!!!! Epic fail. I am supposed to use this loner machine until Wed and I cant even use it one full night. Cannot reach a tech at my supply office ( weekend) to get help with this newfangled machine. I JUST WANNA SLEEP PEACEFULLY Big Grin

If air is coming out of your mouth you need a full face mask. The problem is not the machine.

May also help to turn EPR higher, to 3. Higher EPR may lower leaks. Keep an eye on your Central Apnea (CA) events when using EPR. (2 or 3 CA events per hour is nothing to worry about.)

I think most patients do better with EPR enabled, but a few patients seem to get lots more CA events when EPR is enabled.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-03-2014, 11:25 AM)ChaosTheorist Wrote:
(09-28-2014, 04:39 PM)zonk Wrote: Both AirSense 10 (A10) AutoSet and S9 AutoSet increase pressure in response to flow limitation (FL)
A10 see FL and increase pressure until the maximum reached, S9 also increase pressure in response to FL but FL is well controlled at lower pressure

Apparently the ResMed people disagree. I asked them about this. Their answers are in bold.

Message: I'm evaluating replacement hardware. I have seen multiple reports of problems with the A10 AutoSet, compared to previous experience with the S9; specifically, that it increases pressure too quickly and to too high a level in response to an event, waking the user. Are you aware of these issues? Not aware of these specific issues. The AirSense 10 uses the same autoset algorithm as the S9 autoset. Are they a problem with the hardware, or a user-education issue? No reported issues with the hardware or a user education issue. Does the A10 AutoSet really have that different a response behavior than the S9? No Does the "For Her" variant solve or mitigate this? The AirSense 10 For Her has a autoset For Her algorithm that delivers therapeutic responses tailored to the characteristics of female OSA patients.

Not that much to work with, but ResMed apparently isn't getting reports of these issues. If people are having these problems with A10 units that are configured the same as S9 units that don't have the problem (I never got an answer to my question about that in this thread), feeding that info back to ResMed would be good.

They are being dishonest because I complained and had two of them replaced and a third returned.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-05-2015, 01:55 AM)Westlcc Wrote: They are being dishonest because I complained and had two of them replaced and a third returned.

Hi Westlcc, welcome to the forum.

The post you replied to is over a year old, and maybe ResMed was not being dishonest.

Did you use the S9 AutoSet prior to using the A10? In your experience, was the A10 more aggressive in raising the pressure?

If there were no intended changes in the AutoSet algorithm (which seems likely to me, because that is what ResMed claims) then perhaps an unintended change occurred if the sensors in the A10 are more sensitive, perhaps leading to more aggressive pressure adjustments.

What was the reason ResMed gave for allowing the exchange or return of the A10 AutoSets?

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is an old thread but since been resurfaced, i thought to clear few things up
If the algorithm of both machines is the same, I'm also the same, eat the same food and drink the same wine
Just getting a bit older oldman but still young at heart Smile

Update: switched to cpap mode, AHI and sleep quality are about the same as auto, maybe slightly better on cpap mode ... YMMV
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the ResMed Airsense 10 CPAP machine. When I change the settings like turning off the humidifier, humidity to zero it does not stay there, it goes back to the setting that was programmable when the machine was delivered, what can I do to change and get the settings set to?
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe you would have to change the humidifier setting from the Clinicians Memu.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 16 1,865 17 minutes ago
Last Post: motivationalGust
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 5 457 8 hours ago
Last Post: xaid
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 24,905 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 405 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 67 25,313 03-10-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: mikekowalski
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 178 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 0 91 03-08-2024, 03:36 PM
Last Post: jed3

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.