Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset Problems
RE: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset Problems
(09-20-2014, 03:44 PM)Lahanna44 Wrote: ...I accessed the clinical settings on the Airsense and reduced the min to 8 and max to 10 and turned on the EPR to full time ( used to this with my S9) the tech had not asked me about this or the ramp when he set up the loner machine. They had the ramp set to 45 mins, so I think that and the EPR not being on was causing some of the issues. Im not sure what caused the bloating ( I have had burping and heartburn all day ) and feeling as if i've been pumped full of air , I was awakened with this feeling and chest pain in the middle of sleeping last night. I figure they will not be to happy with me changing the settings but it is either do that and try again or I will not be able to comply with this new machine at all.

My wife is having similiar problems as you, with the AirSense 10 and we are travelling and cannot contact the DME until Monday so I was trying to help her set some of the feature on that they didnot set for her. I have done this with my doctors blessing for my Resmed Series M machine, but don't know how to access her clinical settings.

Can you tell me the magical method of accessing the settings. I am also going to download the Sleepyhead software to see if that with provide us with more information reporting for the AutoSense.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2014, 11:08 PM)SleeplessInSpokane Wrote: Can you tell me the magical method of accessing the settings. I am also going to download the Sleepyhead software to see if that with provide us with more information reporting for the AutoSense.
Welcome to the forum, SleeplessInSpokane
All explained in the clinical manual, available via email
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

you need the latest version of SleepyHead, ResScan also support AirSense 10 but windows only and does not work with Mac
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2014, 11:21 PM)zonk Wrote:
(10-24-2014, 11:08 PM)SleeplessInSpokane Wrote: Can you tell me the magical method of accessing the settings. I am also going to download the Sleepyhead software to see if that with provide us with more information reporting for the AutoSense.
Apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pressure/change-cpap-pressure-settings-adjusting-your-machine-with-a-clinician-setup-manual

you need the latest version of SleepyHead, ResScan also support AirSense 10 but windows only and does not work with Mac

Ahh, thank you. Just before I read your response I found that page, but didn't see the AutoSense listed. I will check it out again.

Re: SleepHead software... I will be interested in trying it for my Remstar M Series since I lost access to EncorePro when I changed PCs and went with Windows 7. My version only worked with Win XP, and since it was given to me by my DME I had no way of upgrading it... so have been "blind" to my reports now for a couple of years.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-25-2014, 12:08 AM)SleeplessInSpokane Wrote: Ahh, thank you. Just before I read your response I found that page, but didn't see the AutoSense listed. I will check it out again.
Scroll down to section three "ResMed Manuals", its the first one
ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet, AutoSet for Her, Elite & CPAP (combined manual)

Than scroll further down to "HOW TO ASK FOR A MANUAL VIA EMAIL"

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-25-2014, 12:08 AM)SleeplessInSpokane Wrote:
(10-24-2014, 11:21 PM)zonk Wrote:
Apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pressure/change-cpap-pressure-settings-adjusting-your-machine-with-a-clinician-setup-manual

Ahh, thank you. Just before I read your response I found that page, but didn't see the AutoSense listed. I will check it out again.

Re: SleepHead software... I will be interested in trying it for my Remstar M Series since I lost access to EncorePro when I changed PCs and went with Windows 7. My version only worked with Win XP, and since it was given to me by my DME I had no way of upgrading it... so have been "blind" to my reports now for a couple of years.
Hi SleeplessInSpokane,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Best of luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy and getting the A10 set up.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-20-2014, 01:45 PM)Lahanna44 Wrote: I am a current ResMed S9 cpap user,) 2 years at the same level. My pressure level is 8, my machine also has the humidity/heater which I use at a 5 humidity and 73 temp. I have been having issues at night with the use of my machine ( not sleeping well, restless legs, waking up with ears ringing, heart racing, dizzy etc. I made a visit to sleep doc and he recommended loaning me an Apap for a week to see how I would do ( thinking since I have a very small airway that I needed multi levels during the night ) and hopefully this would fix me up. Wink I picked up the loner Machine , a ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset with the pressure settings at 8-14 and Humidity at 5. I set up this machine last night and was excited to get a good nights sleep Dielaughing Boy was I wrong ! I was awake more than I was asleep , all night !! Everytime the machine increased the pressure it woke me up ( due to the force of the air blowing out of my lips) and I spent several mins trying to get back to sleep. Also each time the pressure was increased , my nasal mask would start whistling around the hose connection ( geesh) and that drove me nuts Sad I woke up enough a couple of times to check the pressure and It was at 10, then around 5:30 am I woke with my chest hurting, burping and had acid reflux, hose whistling and a feeling of having swallowed way to much air, checked the pressure and it was at 11.3
( OMG) So...... I got up and set my S9 back up and went off to a restful slumber for the next 3 hours. GEESH !!!!! Epic fail. I am supposed to use this loner machine until Wed and I cant even use it one full night. Cannot reach a tech at my supply office ( weekend) to get help with this newfangled machine. I JUST WANNA SLEEP PEACEFULLY Big Grin

----------------------------
I own the S9 and love it. Really no problems except for a little rainout now and then mainly because I keep my room so cold. I bought my S9 when I had no insurance and through trial and error along with lots of reading figured out the best settings for me.

I now have insurance and was able to get a sleep study done and was diagnosed with sleep apnea(already knew that) any case I was provided a new Resmed S10 at first glance I liked it, after a couple of weeks I experienced 16-18 leaks my previous was on my S9 was 0-4, also experienced an irritating noise that sounds like the machine speeding up and lowering the air flow-never heard anything from my S9, I set up the smart start so I expected the machine to stop air flow when I remove my mask without me hitting the stop button, sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. Rainout has been awful and I hate the stop button. They should have made it bigger or where it is easier to feel to stop the airflow.

My DME is going to replace the unit Monday, I'm going back to my S9 till then. I hope I just got bad unit and the next one is not like the first one.

So I totally understand what your saying. Sleep-well best of luck to you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-21-2014, 08:09 PM)Lahanna44 Wrote: So.... I tweaked the pressure on the Airsense last night before bed, set to min 8 high 9.6 also turned the EPR on to full time instead of the Ramp only setting, also turned off the ramp totally. I had a much better night. Checked the readings this am highest auto adjustment during sleep was 10.4 ( not sure how it manage to override the 9.6 that I had it set on but thats ok. Had no AHI , no leaks etc so that is a good thing. Still had that annoying nose whistle just before I woke this am ( that is what woke me) not sure how to fix that . Will adjust to a max of ten tonight and carry on with the testing .

The other night I changed my EPR setting but I only seen auto 1,2 or3 as an option, didn't see full time, anyway it was set on 2 , and I would wake up when the pressures went up toward my max and I felt like I couldn't exhale (Suffocating). change it to 3 and that's much better, Sounds like it's a good thing I don't know much about this CPAP stuff yet, because I was kind of liking this machine, everyone that know this trip is not thinking too highly of this machine.

Mr. Van Winkle
Post Reply Post Reply
My issues are different, but I don't know if I should make a new thread?

I have had my A10 Auto for about a month. I noticed the other day that the display screen has an alert message that says there is a ClimateLine error and that I should replace my tubing. The only problem is that I am not using a heated ClimateLine tube, just the slimline tube that came with the machine. I tried switching to a standard tube but still got the same error.

Also, the humidifier doesn't appear to be heating at all. There is a lot of water left in the tank (which I am only filling half way) and I have the humidifier setting at 7. The humidifier heating icon next to the wireless strength icon has a green X through it.

Has anyone else experienced these problems? I read elsewhere some one with similar issues had them go away when he started using the heated hose. But the machine is supposed to work right without a heated hose and I don't want to spend money on a part that is not supposed to be required. I sent a note to ResMed support but I hear their customer service is pretty awful.
Post Reply Post Reply

----------
Wow, I was told when I picked up my S10 auto sense that I had to use the heated hose and that's all it came with. I actually asked about this because I have several new regular hoses (from my S9) and hoped to use them, but the connections on my machine support what I was told. I cannot use the slimline hose, I wonder if someone took the heated hose out and left you a slimline hose, which might explain the error message you are getting.

I have gotten that message before, it was usually when I didnt snapped the lid good enough to shut it completely on the humidifer on my older S9. When all else fails unplug and plug back in.

Back to my continued review of the S10........
I finally gave up on getting my humidifer to stop my rainout- (tried all kinds of settings to no avail) finally cut up a few small sheets of viva paper towel and it solved my rainout, but that's been my only issue as far as the humidifer.

It's taken two weeks for this machine to learn my breathing habits, seemed like my S9 never took that long. Finally my leaks were down to 2 from 18 and it's almost to my regular max air flow of 11.4, it's at 10.9 right now. I will say during this transition period I have been more tired and actually took an afternoon nap the other day- never have done that in a long time. This machine has taken me a while to get used to it.

I'm still crossing my fingers on this machine, I'm watching it, still don't have full trust yet. Eat-popcorn so stay tuned for more info when I get it.

Post Reply Post Reply
Per the website where I bought the machine:
"SlimLine & ClimateLineAir Heated Tubing Options: AirSense 10 comes with ResMed's ultra-light SlimLine CPAP tubing which is 40% lighter than traditional CPAP tubing. To optimize your HumidAir Humidifier's capabilities upgrade to ClimateLineAir Heated Tubing in your shopping cart. ClimateLineAir Heated Tubing adapts to changes in room temperature and ambient humidity levels to deliver optimum humidification while minimizing rainout and condensation."

So, yes, mine came with the slimline hose from the manufacturer. And there are options in the set up menu to select slimline or standard hose when the heated hose is not connected.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 27 507 1 hour ago
Last Post: Old Steve
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,866 Yesterday, 11:41 AM
Last Post: her.suit
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 845 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 169 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,646 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.