Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset Problems
RE: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset Problems
Mine also came with the slim line hose and I also received the Climate line hose (covered by Insurance), I really like the heated hose it's not so cold on the nose, however I have not experienced any trouble when I changed my hose setting , All I can say it has a 2 year warranty if it's not working properly.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can use either slim hose 15mm or standard hose 19mm
You need to select hose tube in the clinical menu for whatever hose you,re using

When you connect the heated hose, the machine recognize it (you don't have to do anything else)
and display message on the screen "climateair connected"

Report the problem to your supplier and have the unit replaced, the A10 is new machine and would have similar problems
just like the S9 when did come out back in 2010
Already seen some reports about the discoloration of the A10 standard water tank, would think those machines goes through stringent testing procedures before getting FDA approvals

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know why I didn't think of unplugging it and plugging it back in. That looks like it may have cleared the alert as I had the machine run for a minute or so after doing that and the alert didn't come back. We'll see overnight tonight what happens.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, I have been having a lot of trouble with rainout. I have a heated humidifier and the heated tubing. The tubing has been replaced since I got my machine 5 times so far. Have had the tech check it out twice and now they want to take it back to be repaired. It is 3 months old and has always had the rainout problem. I really don't want it repaired I want it replaced. My neurologist has tried resetting the the machine with modified settings but no luck. I use a tap pap nasal pillow. They keep telling me it is because I keep my house at 55* at night. My old machine had heated tubing and heated humidifier and I never had a rainout problem. The only good thing about this machine is that it is quiet. Has anyone else noticed that the electric cord where the black block is on it gets quite hot? Thanks for any replies. : )
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2014, 01:17 PM)yawn Wrote: Hi, I have been having a lot of trouble with rainout. I have a heated humidifier and the heated tubing. The tubing has been replaced since I got my machine 5 times so far. Have had the tech check it out twice and now they want to take it back to be repaired. It is 3 months old and has always had the rainout problem. I really don't want it repaired I want it replaced. My neurologist has tried resetting the the machine with modified settings but no luck. I use a tap pap nasal pillow. They keep telling me it is because I keep my house at 55* at night. My old machine had heated tubing and heated humidifier and I never had a rainout problem. The only good thing about this machine is that it is quiet. Has anyone else noticed that the electric cord where the black block is on it gets quite hot?

Hi yawn, welcome to the forum!

Is your humidity setting set for automatic climate control? This is supposed to prevent rainout.

But if your room is 55 degrees, then you may need to either keep the tube under the covers, or buy a tube cover for it or make your own tube cover.

If room is too cold the tube heater cannot keep tube warm enough to prevent rainout.

Regarding hot power cord, the power brick should not be under covers or it will get very hot. But I think it is normal for the power brick to get a little hot, especially if trying to keep as hot as it can a coverless heated tube. Using a tube cover should lower electric usage and should allow power brick to run a little cooler.

If the connector where the power cord plugs into the machine is getting hot, make sure it is plugged into the machine completely, as far as it can go.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2014, 01:17 PM)yawn Wrote: My neurologist has tried resetting the the machine with modified settings but no luck.
Hello yawn

What setting did the doc tried to modify?

I recommend get hold of the clinical manual, available via email from here http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual (scroll down to section three) and tells you every thing you need to know about the A10

ClimateLineAir user guide: Climate Control Auto
Climate Control Auto is the recommended and default setting.
Climate Control Auto is designed to make therapy as easy as possible, so there is no need to change the temperature or humidity settings.

The tube temperature is set to 80°F (27°C) and Climate Control automatically adjusts the humidifier output to maintain a constant, comfortable humidity level of 85% relative humidity while protecting against rainout (water droplets in the air tubing and mask).
If you have been using Climate Control Manual and want to return to Climate Control Auto, follow the instructions below.

http://www.resmed.com/au/dam/documents/p...lo_eng.pdf

Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using a CPAP for 22 years, just got my s10, did not know what I was missing. Of course I immediately went o vacation, did not read the manual, woke up in the middle of the night with air rushing out every side of my mask. A day later I read the manual, found out you can adjust the mask under full pressure. Did so and what do you know, no more leaks.
As you go into an episode of apnea the machine adjust the pressure until it overcomes the blockage, and you resume breathing again. My old pressure from 22 years ago was 11.5 cm/H2o, now my average pressure is over 13 and my peak pressure is 19.3, this explains why I have only been getting 4 to 5hr. of sleep for the last 5 years.
I now sleep over 6.5 hr. every night, and have on two occasions slept 8hr.
It is not the pressure that wakes you up it is the air rushing around the edges of the mask.
The S10 is a wonderful machine, I sleep with my bedroom window wide open, this use to freeze my nose, now with climate control on my S10 no more frozen nose, have been using the unit since september 2014, and I love this machine.
KAHN
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2014, 01:17 PM)yawn Wrote: Hi, I have been having a lot of trouble with rainout. I have a heated humidifier and the heated tubing. The tubing has been replaced since I got my machine 5 times so far. Have had the tech check it out twice and now they want to take it back to be repaired. It is 3 months old and has always had the rainout problem. I really don't want it repaired I want it replaced. My neurologist has tried resetting the the machine with modified settings but no luck. I use a tap pap nasal pillow. They keep telling me it is because I keep my house at 55* at night. My old machine had heated tubing and heated humidifier and I never had a rainout problem. The only good thing about this machine is that it is quiet. Has anyone else noticed that the electric cord where the black block is on it gets quite hot? Thanks for any replies. : )
Hi yawn,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hopefully, your DME will finally get the message and replace your machine since it is new.
I don't think the cord itself should get hot at all. The power supply brick on mine gets warm but not hot and the cord stays cool to the touch.
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-26-2014, 07:34 PM)KAHN Wrote: As you go into an episode of apnea the machine adjust the pressure until it overcomes the blockage, and you resume breathing again.

Hi KAHN, welcome to Apnea Board!

By the way, actually, the AutoSet does not raise the pressure during an obstructive apnea. Only after an obstructive apnea is over, it raises the pressure in order to avoid future obstructive events. In deciding how much to increase the pressure, ResMed takes into account how long an obstructive apnea lasted.

When Flow Limitation or Snore is detected, though, I think the pressure may be raised right away.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-03-2014, 01:00 PM)glennaa11 Wrote: So, yes, mine came with the slimline hose from the manufacturer. And there are options in the set up menu to select slimline or standard hose when the heated hose is not connected.

Mine did as well.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 20 366 3 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,723 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 108 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,600 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.