Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset for Her
RE: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset for Her
You are still snoring and showing moderate flow limitations, and I suspect with a detailed examination of your flow rate a number of RERAs. These are all treated with pressure support (EPR on an AutoSet). Increasing the PS beyond the 3 you can achieve with the AutoSet may be an additional reason to consider a VAuto. Your numbers say that you do not need it, excessive snoring is a reason as are other symptoms.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Fred. Your argument for the Aircurve 10 is that you clearly can show the need for pressure consistently above 15 cm, which is one criteria. The higher pressure support from an Aircurve 10 would allow control of hypopnea, flow limitations and snoring at lower pressures and greater comfort than is possible with the Airsense 10. Your AHI is controlled with CPAP, but you have upper airway restriction that is persistent with CPAP pressure, and shows evidence of being treated with pressure support. Read this wiki article for a professional's perspective of using bilevel to treat your condition http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._and_BiPAP You may also want to read the wiki on Flow Limitation.

In your case, CPAP can treat apnea, but not resolve the flow limitations and snoring which are a big component in respiratory effort related arousal (RERA), and the reason you may feel tired, even with a low AHI. I think focusing on the RDI, and using your charts to show the benefits of using pressure support with your CPAP, may give you a shot at arguing the potential benefits of bilevel therapy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!  Being able to clearly express the reasoning to my doctor is my best bet for getting the best possible treatment.  Thank you Bonjour and SleepRider for helping me get up to speed so quickly!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,744 1 hour ago
Last Post: her.suit
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 412 2 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 110 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 840 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 168 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 615 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,608 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.