Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset not showing CSR
ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset not showing CSR
I recently (in November) switched from a Philips Respironics System 1 Auto to a ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset.

When I was on the Philips system i would occasionally get flags in SleepyHead for some time spent in CSR. It wasn't every day and the time spent in CSR was never enough to really worry about.

But now, with the new ResMed system, when I load my data in SleepyHead, I don't even see an event flag for CSR. Not that there are no events, there's not even a place where there would be an event recorded!

i have attached a screen cap to show what I'm talking about.

I'm not really worried about it, but I am wondering, does this me that the ResMed hasn't detected any CSR, or is there something I have to do to make the ResMed record CSR if it happens?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset not showing CSR
Check at the very bottom of page. There are drop down menus on left and right side. See if it's selected.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-14-2015, 08:41 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Check at the very bottom of page. There are drop down menus on left and right side. See if it's selected.

I checked that, it looks like the second drop down from the left is where I would turn CSR on or off, but it's not one of the options in the drop down list.

I don't see CSR as an option in any of the other drop down lists either.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not related to your actual question, but why did you switch from PRS1 to A10? Any thoughts pros/cons on differences?
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
Aside from the possibility that you haven't had a CSR event since you changed machines, you might want to check the File->Preferences->Events tab and see if CSR is still checked. Another thought is, since the machines are using flow patterns to determine any event, the algorithms are just different enough to miss your events. You may wish to turn on the Custom User Event Flagging to see what kind of activity is going unreported. This option is located in File->Preferences->CPAP (lower left). If you choose to use these, you will need to turn them on in the Events tab. Their data is not used in reporting any events or AHI values. As of now the data reported by these 2 parameters are used as a "look-see" and have no known (at least by me) thearpy use.

Good Luck.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-14-2015, 12:47 PM)cate1898 Wrote: Not related to your actual question, but why did you switch from PRS1 to A10? Any thoughts pros/cons on differences?

My Philips machine started getting pretty noisy.

I should say that I travel a lot for work, and the rigors of travel are more than likely the cause of the reduced life span of that machine.

So I started looking around for a new machine, and I wanted the newest machine available. I was wanting to future proof my purchase as much as possible.

When I looked at the offerings from both ResMed and Philips I found the AirSense to be much more attractive for a variety of reasons. There was already SleepyHead support for the AirSense, not the DreamStation. The DreamStation was so new that there were not many with significant experience with them yet. And there were design features in the Philips that made me leery, like the shape of the air intake port.

After using the new machine for more than a month, I can say I now like the way ResMed works better than the Philips. It's not a huge difference in any one aspect, it's more a lot of little things.

I like the way that when I shut down the AirSense, it blows air through the stystem to dry it out. I like having an "Auto" setting for the humidity. I like the configuration of the machine, the way the hose is attached to the back with a swivel. I like the fact that access to the SD card and air filter is much easier.

I also have reason to believe that ResMed's algorithm works better, at least for me. I've got data on 35 nights with the new machine, and my average AHI is 0.12. Of those 35 nights, 16 I had an AHI of 0.

Now granted, I already had my pressures dialed in by using the Philips machine for a year. ButI still like the AirSense better.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-14-2015, 01:02 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Aside from the possibility that you haven't had a CSR event since you changed machines, you might want to check the File->Preferences->Events tab and see if CSR is still checked. Another thought is, since the machines are using flow patterns to determine any event, the algorithms are just different enough to miss your events. You may wish to turn on the Custom User Event Flagging to see what kind of activity is going unreported. This option is located in File->Preferences->CPAP (lower left). If you choose to use these, you will need to turn them on in the Events tab. Their data is not used in reporting any events or AHI values. As of now the data reported by these 2 parameters are used as a "look-see" and have no known (at least by me) thearpy use.

Good Luck.

CSR appears to be enabled everywhere I can fine it. I'll look into user defined. Thanks!

It also just dawned on me that I should ask this question in the software support forum. I'll try that also.
Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't downloaded for a while, ResScan Statistics page shows %Time in CSR ... shows 0.0 if no such events
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-14-2015, 02:50 PM)zonk Wrote: I haven't downloaded for a while, ResScan Statistics page shows %Time in CSR ... shows 0.0 if no such events

I'll try installing ResScan. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your opinion of both machines nelamvr6.

And I noticed in a post in the software forum that zonk some helpful links to help navigate around ResScan.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-available
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 397 49 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,724 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 109 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,601 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.