Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Airsense 10 Dead
ResMed Airsense 10 Dead
Hi there.   I awakened this morning with a lot of water under my Airsense 10.  It looked like a crack caused the leak.  Unfortunately, the water must have shorted out some other parts in the machine as it is now dead when plugged in.  Has anyone had this issue and repaired it.  I hope that there is a fuse or water sensor that is tripped and replacement by me will fix it.  
I don’t need any advice about purchasing a new unit.  I just want to hear from people who have attempted repairs on an Airsense 10

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Philips Airsense 10 Dead
sorry I don't have an answer to your question but you don't have a phillips airsense 10.  You either have a phillips dreamstation or a ResMed airsense 10.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Airsense 10 Dead
Thanks I fixed it….
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Philips Airsense 10 Dead
There is a fuse on the heating plate's underside. You will need to totally remove the face plate and outside cover to access it. I believe that the fuse is only for the heating plate. I don't know if this would affect the blower's operation.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What did you do to fix it? Could help others.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think he means he fixed the title - which was - Philips Resmed Dead - which was confusing...

There have been some reports of the humidifier tank leaking, but I don't recall any whose machine failed because of it. Still, if water got onto the circuit board it could cause problems.

There are youtube videos about taking the AirSense 10 apart - posted here , too. If you open it just enough to get to the circuit board you may be able to dry it out. That would be the small pop-off front panel, and then the wrap-over cover held on by four (?) screws. I would let it air dry, without using a hair dryer to speed things up.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
A thought...I bought the cover so I could use my S10 *for her* without the humdifier if I'm travelling. It was cheap.

I wonder if the simple apap with cover, and no humidifier would work?

I appreciate the comment about the fuse buried within.....I'll try and remember in case I have troubles too.

Dave
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 173 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,578 04-18-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 173 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 27,211 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 174 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 68,257 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 28,044 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.